• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

After all this time, I STILL haven't found a mentor.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
That is the hardest part. Finding a supervisor / mentor / employer.
Don't give up. Keep looking and calling even though it is Christmas and New Years time.
It took me about a year and I had almost given up. I got a tip from a classmate from my appraisal classes.
I started in the biz with a new job in mid January, years ago.
Keep pecking away. :peace:

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Renew your RE sales license and work for a broker part time. While you are working for the broker do demo appraisals on the listings in the office. Be sure to talk to any appraiser who contacts the office.

TC123

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
New York
That is the hardest part. Finding a supervisor / mentor / employer.
Don't give up. Keep looking and calling even though it is Christmas and New Years time.
It took me about a year and I had almost given up. I got a tip from a classmate from my appraisal classes.
I started in the biz with a new job in mid January, years ago.
Keep pecking away. :peace:
I wish finding a mentor was the hardest part. Trying to pass the damn CG is the absolute worst. But don’t give up!! I would google all the appraisal companies in your area and start networking and sending your resume!! Ask if there are any openings for trainees. I started much the same way... an agent and only had course work with no experience. The pay is crappy but at you get your experience in. Best of luck!!!

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks