• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Alaska Real Estate Appraisers Required To Be Bonded As Of 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read many of the AMC forums on here where they don't pay the appraiser (Coester). I just can't wrap my head around how this is not out and out fraud? How are this guy and his associates not in jail? Essentially, they cheated a bunch of people and corporations out of money (people- appraisers, corporations- banks).

How the hell can we get sued because someone thinks we didn't pull the right comps (and we all have to have E&O), and these jokers get away with financial murder? It seems like the AMCs are the most insulated from risk in any capacity in the appraisal world.

Come on,

It's "hands off" the financial sector.

Wells Fargo is still working through its regulatory issues after the Federal Reserve reportedly rejected the bank's plan to prevent more consumer abuses. On Tuesday, CEO Tim Sloan said the bank would continue to operate under a Fed-imposed cap on asset growth through the end of this year, months longer than he previously indicated in December.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/14/wells-fargo-earnings-q4-2018.html

But you can trust them, again, do business with them. They almost have a plan in place not to steal from you.

Just curious, what would a requirement for AMCs to have surety bonds have to do with appraiser fees?

Because I only saw this part.

****Alaska Real Estate Appraisers Required to Be Bonded as of 2019****

And not this part.

*****Title should have said "Real Estate Appraiser Management Companies"*****

Does that satisfy your curiosity???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back