• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Am I just being stubborn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
Yes your just being stubborn Alan. And don't back down either!! :)

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
jtrotta,

I agree with you the FNMA guidelines are set standards and they can add to them. Just like USPAP is a minimum standards and each state can add to them. The real problem that I have is that they will say that it does not meet FNMA guidelines so they can not loan on it. Take the bank that has a flag and star in it, for example they have there guidelines for lending that exceed FNMA's. However, if they reject a loan based on their guidelines they say that it is based upon FNMA guidelines. Seems that it is a lawsuit waiting to happen with them. This is directly from an underwriter that works there. Just like FNMA won't loan on more than 5 acres condition/quality houses. Where in FNMA guidelines states they will not loan on 5 acres or fair condition/quality houses. Remember the declining market do not check that yet it states right in FNMA that they will except this.

But enough ranting from me. I have found that it is best to find what guidelines they are using and go from there. And when they do state it is FNMA guidelines and you send them to their underwriter you get no response.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks