• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Another Modernization Thread

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Louisiana

No big secrets revealed. Pretty much confirmed info that’s been floating around for years, but worth a listen.

NC Appraising

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I have some good names that I was going to use to describe the host, but I had to calm down.

The host is begging for trainees to do the inspection side of the process.

Money money money for them. Greed. That is all it is.....they would love to have one or two big appraisal firms (or AMC staff trainees) in a given MSA and work with the big AMCs to do all of the orders. That is the future. The owner or chief appraiser sits back and watches over his minions (trainees) pumping out thousands of orders a month.

Just like new construction appraisals...no one will ever know what is going on behind the scenes.

So in the near future, if you are wondering (IFA +20 years in the biz) where the orders are, they are being completed by trainees. And if you are really that naïve that the trainees will not be doing both the field portion and the desk portion of the appraisal with the "cert" just rubber stamping you are a idiot.

Alsie35

Professional Status
State
Texas
"Clarocity"? Hmmm ... don't really know them .... (I was confusing them for Compushare for a moment ...)

Mejappz

Professional Status
State
Florida
Da coach and Ernie Durbin, who's part of the deep state appraisal establishment, have been salivating at the thought of trainees for some time now.

Alsie35

Professional Status
State
Texas
Da coach and Ernie Durbin, who's part of the deep state appraisal establishment, have been salivating at the thought of trainees for some time now.
How does the fact that at some point the market will slow down greatly and there won't be the work that there is now affect these "trainee inspectors" plans?

There's too few appraisers for the volume at the moment ... but that may change as soon as there is a major correction in the inflation rate/economy. And IF that happens, there won't be a benefit to having tons of trainees ... or am I missing something?

Mejappz

Professional Status
State
Florida
How does the fact that at some point the market will slow down greatly and there won't be the work that there is now affect these "trainee inspectors" plans?

There's too few appraisers for the volume at the moment ... but that may change as soon as there is a major correction in the inflation rate/economy. And IF that happens, there won't be a benefit to having tons of trainees ... or am I missing something?
No, I agree. Remember, this was the same tactic Joan and the gang used during the last boom. They said there was an appraiser shortage(when there wasn't) only in the cowbell states. And they used it to ramrod PAREA down everyone's throat.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
a good change would be for the banks having to order and maintain their own appraisals. and the banksters pay their departments. the AMC model has driven appraisals and appraisers in the ground.
public trust they say

:rof::rof::rof:

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
I have some good names that I was going to use to describe the host, but I had to calm down.

The host is begging for trainees to do the inspection side of the process.

Money money money for them. Greed. That is all it is.....they would love to have one or two big appraisal firms (or AMC staff trainees) in a given MSA and work with the big AMCs to do all of the orders. That is the future. The owner or chief appraiser sits back and watches over his minions (trainees) pumping out thousands of orders a month.

Just like new construction appraisals...no one will ever know what is going on behind the scenes.

So in the near future, if you are wondering (IFA +20 years in the biz) where the orders are, they are being completed by trainees. And if you are really that naïve that the trainees will not be doing both the field portion and the desk portion of the appraisal with the "cert" just rubber stamping you are a idiot.
So the future isn’t working a corporate gig from an Airstream (the 15 min mark for those who missed it)?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks