• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ANSI - Using the GXX001 Code for Cape COD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kinzie

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Rhode Island
Hello All,

In reflection of the ANSI standards, I'm wondering if any appraiser has considered Cape COD style homes and other similar styles with less than full second stories... not applicable to ANSI standards for the report? I have asked many underwriters, review appraisers, appraisal professors, etc. if an acceptable/consistent way of dealing with and adjusted for the left over finished living space is handled. There has not been one consistent method I have found. How are other appraisers handling this in your reports?

Hello All,

In reflection of the ANSI standards, I'm wondering if any appraiser has considered Cape COD style homes and other similar styles with less than full second stories... not applicable to ANSI standards for the report? I have asked many underwriters, review appraisers, appraisal professors, etc. if an acceptable/consistent way of dealing with and adjusted for the left over finished living space is handled. There has not been one consistent method I have found. How are other appraisers handling this in your reports?
Have you found a Solution to fitting a "Square Peg in a Round Hole"? A perfect example of everybody offering their opinions of practice, but would fail the real-world everyday dealings, (field experience on a continual daily basis) Cheers

ansi tells you how to measure a 1/2 story, simple enough. i have, however, used the code exemption for some difficult houses. never had a problem using the exemption.

ansi tells you how to measure a 1/2 story, simple enough. i have, however, used the code exemption for some difficult houses. never had a problem using the exemption.
The exception is really for unusual properties that have no "above" grade finished area. Not applicable to a typical Cape COD.

ANSI includes instructions on how to measure cape cods and other styles not having a full second floor.... so.... no, it's not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back