• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Any recomendations for a good laptop for the appraiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David R. Jensen

Freshman Member
I need some advice on buying a good laptop computer.I will be taking a full time second shift position and will have some time on my hands to get through some reports etc.
I dont know the 1st thing about laptops and didnt know if any of you currently use or have used them in the past. Need to know specifically what I need and don't need as well as any specific name brands i should consider or stay away from. Thanks for any insight you guys and gals may have.

D.Jensen

Dan/Fla

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I bought a Toshiba, 8-- something about a 2 months ago, I have all programs in it Total, sketch, even Adobe, ordered a computer stand for car and it is slowly become my best investment, works well, I can draw sketch before leaving subject so if any question i am there to remeasure, Between inspections I can workon report then push laptop out of my way to drive. My son loves it because it has a DVD player and he can even watch a movie when we went on trip a few weeks ago. I both it for under $1,100.

Dan

Neil (Texas)

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
Would suggest that whatever you buy, get the largest screen possible. Will second Dan's suggestion about Toshiba. Purchased a Toshiba Satellite about two months ago and am giving serious consideration to replacing my desktop with the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks