• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anyone going to Boyne Mountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Iowa was God's burlap sack of corn?

Charlie...we REALLY need to get Tim out to the west side!

Agreed! We just came back from over there Monday. Had the pleasure of watching a thunderstorm move across Lake Michigan behind Little Sable Lighthouse (attached). Really want to live over on the West side of the state some day!!
 
Agreed! The west is the best!
Sunset over the Little Traverse Bay, Petoskey...
 
I've been all over the US, I am partial to Lake Michigan's sandy beaches; no sharks, no jelly fish and no salt water!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 12
Took my native Omaha friend who now lives in Olathe, KS down to Grand Haven a couple Saturdays ago. Took some convincing, but I finally got her out on the pier to watch the sunset. Just as the sun was setting, someone on a boat out in the water took out his trumpet and played taps. She got goosebumps from head to toe (as did I) and said that was the most beautiful sunset she had ever seen.

She and her daughter take a lot of vacations, and like the Florida coast (previously). They have now fallen in love with our ocean - Lake Michigan.
 
And by the way, there is nothing like listening to a thunderstorm roll in over the big lake. We are about 40 miles inland, thunder just rollllllllls out of the sky.
 
I sure do miss western Michigan, the Muskegon River at Newaygo, Croton and Hardy Ponds, Traverse City, Mackinaw Island..... LILACS.....

But, will only visit from late spring to early fall.
 
Michigan's da bomb!

We are a state of water and trees almost everywhere you look. Like WI and MN but warmer. Fishing is really good here in MI too. Water wonderland
 
Took some convincing, but I finally got her out on the pier to watch the sunset. Just as the sun was setting, someone on a boat out in the water took out his trumpet and played taps. She got goosebumps from head to toe (as did I) and said that was the most beautiful sunset she had ever seen.

I love Grand Haven and watching sunsets from the pier! (pic attached)

Oh fishing!!! Got this 17.5" large mouth out of our lake...GREAT fishing! (pic attached)

We're outdoors people, I love the winter as much as the summer. We get torn sometime because there is TOO much to do; snowshoeing, skiing, snowmobiling, pond hockey, ice fishing...the list goes on. And at our barn we trail ride year round, as long as the footing is safe of course! :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0200_edited.JPG
    IMG_0200_edited.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5395.JPG
    IMG_5395.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 7
Oh. Fish pics huh?

Here's a little smallmouth caught on Lake St. Clair.

The other is on Lake Michigamee (sp?) in da UP. Beautiful day. I have a painting of that pic from my CCS grad buddy. Excellent.
 

Attachments

  • SMALLMOUTH2.jpg
    SMALLMOUTH2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Fishing052801.jpg
    Fishing052801.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 10
Michigan fishing! I really miss that and can't seem to catch anything here in FL.

We used to do weekend fish fries. Lake perch, bluegill, crappie, pike.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top