• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Anyone Using Acrobat Dc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flakey

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Adobe is telling me they will no longer support Acrobat XI beginning in October. It seems they are moving to a cloud based subscription format that costs about $15/month. I know I can still use XI unsupported but knowing the usual greed that motivates these changes, I'm sure they will change something that will force upgrades to stay functional.

Has anyone made the change and how is it working out?

SpartanAG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I use it and wish I would have bought the service sooner. I print everything to pdf now instead of printing paper, so I'm basically paperless. I can sign engagement letters and secure reports and other documents too.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Looks like I have Acrobat DC, but I pay no fees. Just use it to read pdfs, and mark them up a little.
I don't use it to print to pdf, I use PDFill. MS also has a pdf printer in Win10. What do you get for $15/month? :shrug:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I want to own my own software. Will use Acrobat X as long as possible then switch companies.

DREA Dean

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I want to own my own software. Will use Acrobat X as long as possible then switch companies.

I agree. As much as possible, I want to buy software that I own. I hate the monthly subscription model for stuff. $15 a month is $180 a year. I'm pretty sure I paid less than that for my Acrobat X software. I'll keep using it until I can't, and then I'll figure something else out.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
$180 a year.
I gave about $225 renewing Adobe Acrobat X about four years ago. Thats barely $50 a year and it is likely to last as long as Acrobat 7 did. So the cost is way lower. After I retire and have no need to "work" I still want to be able to convert documents into .pdf without a monthly subscription. I will use a freebie if necessary but I will not pay the high rent for Adobe.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The freebie works fine, the price is just right. :hug:

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Most clones don't edit...

Ah well, I just mark up my pdf a little with the highlighter tool in Acrobat DC, and add comments / notes to self with the little comment box tool.
Haven't felt a need for anything more, but some people will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks