• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anything new from SFREP / Appraise-It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the new version a few days ago and I'm giving it a try. It installs easily. It has a nice settings menu that gives me the option of which folder I can save my data/report in. Which means I can run SFREP in a virtual machine and save all my data to the host machine. Which makes for easy backup and data storage. Unlike the mess alamode has had for years. SFREP has an attractive interface, which makes it nice to work inside of. From my short experience the UAD helper is very non-invasive. Infact, its a completely seperate box that sits to the side. There is also a 'Validator' panel that will warn you of UAD errors. Some might like this becaue its out of the way. I'm kind of used to a UAD popup to guide me and I wish the UAD helper was more integrated. Overall it seams nice, but not a game changer. Just a solid re-interpretation of how to do appraisal software. I need to get to know it better before I make the call on switching to SFREP or not. I'm sure some things are a matter of what I am used to. Its always hard to change software.

As far as web based. It seems like I was told in the past that SFREP has no current interest in cloud software. The new software is 64 bit installable software. (First 64bit appraisal software) However they offer a monthly payment plan. Which makes it look like a cloud based software service.

Thanks for the info. SFREP never replied to my email in over a week so I had to figure out how to get the new version on my own. Turns out I was in the wrong section of the website. Clicked over in the Demo section and found it. Version 15.5 right? I see a lot of new features added, but for the most part looks just how I remember so not too much of a learning curve. First thing I wanted to try was importing an XML file from a totally different provider and it worked pretty well. Now I don't have to worry about retyping all of my cookie cutter templates or my Quick Responses. It just sucks that SFREP didn't respond to my questions as I remember that was one of the things that irked me in the past. Hope I never have use their technical department.

Version 15.5 right?

Sorry, NO. That is their old software. The new software is aipro 1.2. Just give them a call. I just called to see if it was released and the person on the phone sent me a link to the download and everything I needed.

XML import worked perfectly in the new version as well. No photos but all the data was present in the report I imported to use for test purposes.

Sorry, NO. That is their old software. The new software is aipro 1.2. Just give them a call. I just called to see if it was released and the person on the phone sent me a link to the download and everything I needed.

XML import worked perfectly in the new version as well. No photos but all the data was present in the report I imported to use for test purposes.

So without having to call them I did a little more digging and I found this newer version. Now this AI Pro does look a lot different from the classic. Not a problem though. I just want to know if the sketch program is still included in the price?

So without having to call them I did a little more digging and I found this newer version. Now this AI Pro does look a lot different from the classic. Not a problem though. I just want to know if the sketch program is still included in the price?

I really like the look of the new interface. Sketch-It is included if you get the 'Pro' subscription or better. Which you will need anyway if you need UAD/UMDP reports.
http://www.sfrep.com/pricing/

At $45/mo is 35% more expensive than my current form software. What’s the benefit that I am missing?

At $45/mo is 35% more expensive than my current form software. What’s the benefit that I am missing?

Just a couple thoughts off the top of my head:

* Its not part of the CoreLogic monopoly.

* Less buggy and more consistent work flow

* It provides the option to store all your files in any folder you choose. This makes it much easier to control where you data is stored. Which makes it much easier to backup your data as well as transferring it to a new computer when you reinstall a new system. Its also a huge advantage if you are using a virtual machine.

* Cleaner interface reduces eye strain.

* There is no push to store all your data on their servers. (Pro or Con depending on your view of the cloud)

* 64bit software is better than 32bit software. (Arguable, but Windows has been 64bit for well over 10 years. Why are we still using 32bit software?)

Realistically you will have to weigh the pros and cons for yourself. I don't like CoreLogic, but I also don't like the Total Software. It feels very inconsistent in its work flow. I also still have issues with text not fitting into the space provided so I can't see what I type. I'm always having to readjust the zoom to make the text appear. Its very bothersome. Appraise-it Pro does not have these issues. However, CoreLogic does offer more features and services for the price. So it becomes a question of price vs quality vs features. I am currently in the process of reviewing the 4 major software providers to see if its worth spending more money for better software, but sacrificing features.

I can appreciate that. I was hoping for a low frill package. I’m very part time now and all expense are important if I am to proceed at all. It’s not hard for me to back up 50 +- reports a year with my current. We’ll see how It goes moving forward.

The top two things that Fargo pointed out are reasons total didn't appeal to me. The other things I didn't even know about so definitely not an option for me. I'll also add that Total is only $399 for returning users, but for first time customers such as myself, the initial fee is $648. A plus for you, but another negative for me. I also like SFREP's monthly plan which not many others offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back