• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Apex Medina-Deleting a page/rearranging

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfish

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I am working in Medina. The draw out the subject site on the first page and then added a page for the improvements. I want the improvements to be page 1 in Medina and the site page removed. Is there a function to arrange/delete pages in Medina.
 
redfish,

By saying "Medina", that means Apex v4.x to me. I don't have such an old version loaded on my machine, but I believe the tools you seek are essentially in the same place in Apex v5.x.

Look on the View menu and you should find an icon (or Menu item if you are running in Classic mode) which says "Pages." From there (drop down or fly-out) you have a choice of
  • Insert Page,
  • Add Page,
  • Delete page, and
  • Page(s) > (allows direct navigation to existing pages in a multi-page sketch file)


Hope this helps!


-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
 
Randall... Just an off topi question.

I can't seem to figure out how to rotate icons like stairs. I have a fairly new version of Apex.
 
redfish,

By saying "Medina", that means Apex v4.x to me. I don't have such an old version loaded on my machine, but I believe the tools you seek are essentially in the same place in Apex v5.x.

Look on the View menu and you should find an icon (or Menu item if you are running in Classic mode) which says "Pages." From there (drop down or fly-out) you have a choice of
  • Insert Page,
  • Add Page,
  • Delete page, and
  • Page(s) > (allows direct navigation to existing pages in a multi-page sketch file)


Hope this helps!


-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/

Thanks. If the solution was a train I would have been dead on the tracks.
 
Randall... Just an off topi question.

I can't seem to figure out how to rotate icons like stairs. I have a fairly new version of Apex.

CANative,

In order to rotate a symbol or text in Apex v5 (which i am going to assume you are using), before you place the symbol (while its still attached to your cursor) press the "R" key to rotate the item in 45 degree increments.​
If you have already placed the symbol or text, you will need to click on the item to select it, then click and hold on the item to pick it up and attach it to your cursor. Once you have it picked up you can press the "R" key to rotate the symbol.


​
Shift + "R" = 5 Degrees

​
SHIFT + CTRL + "R" = 1 Degree
​


Hope this helps,

Brian M.
Apex Software
 
Apex Medina is the best. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm still using as well. I really like the nifty features and simplicity of it all. Cool color features, and simplicity.

Multi page reports get problematic though, and there are some text errors that go on now and then.

Also, you've got to watch it with xml and medina, because your imbedded pdf could have a scrunched down sketch page. Whenever submitting xml with a medina sketch, I also pdf print and paste that sketch page into the report, for assurance I'm presenting a true view.

Sometimes, you can fit it all your structure in one medina page nicely, by rolling the mouse to a smaller screen ratio so more fits in one page.

Too bad about the crazy yearly subscription deal, if I ever need a validation code again though. It's tough to say if I'll be willing to keep the program if I have to swap pc's again, with such a high charge for a simple validation code.
 
FWIW, many operations are purposely similar across different items. That is, Text, Dimensions and Symbols all rotate using the same techniques. As Brian mentioned, once you select the Symbol, you use the "Rotate Selected Item" operations. So, if you want to rotate (say) a text item, you just select it first, then use the same techniques...

You may also perform rotation with your mouse, if that is more convenient or feels more intuitive. To do this, simply select the item - you should see it "highlighted" with a bounding rectangle and a small triangle - the "hot spot" which is the point for insertion, and about which it rotates. The hot spot is set at different points which should already be at the most convenient location (center, corner, or whatever) but it can also be modified if you want to. If you move your mouse, you should see the symbol follow the mouse cursor and unless you have changed your default settings, if you roll your mouse wheel, the symbol (or text/dimension) will change size - larger or smaller. If you right click with your mouse while the item is selected, you will see "Rotation" in the lower left corner of the program's status bar, and if you were to roll the mouse wheel, the symbol will rotate in 15° increments to the clockwise or counter-clockwise, depending on which way you roll the mouse wheel. Of course, just like using the keyboard methods, holding down the [Shift] key makes thins work in smaller increments for more precision. Right clicking again simply returns to "Size" as the operation that is performed. The lower right portion of the Status Bar will also report back the degree of rotation and you can use [H] and [V] as quick commands to make the selected item rotate to either Horizontal or Vertical orientation.

These things and many others are shown in a video linked below. The video is a little less than an hour long, but is broken up into 68 items and you can sit back and watch the whole thing or use the navigation panel on the left to watch the item of interest. For example, the item that Brian mentioned is #9 and the mouse size/rotation shown in #19. I recommend you save this link so you can go back and watch it at anytime you wish. There is a way to put the video into your program so you don't have to always go to the internet to view it, but you'll need to contact tech support to get them to assist you in downloading it, putting it in the right place and/or configuring your program to find it in an alternate location. While writing this, I used these functions myself and noted some deficiencies and am happy to report that things like this work much better in Apex v6 :-)

http://www.apexwin.com/us/video_lib.../apexmedinaappraiser/apexmedinaappraiser.html


-------
MHT,

I read your post with interest. Thanks for the kind words, but I am a little confused about the mention of two items - the use of xml and the yearly subscription fee. I'd like to get more info about that - it sounds like you are talking about issues which might come up once you are in another program vs. while in Apex, but if that is not correct, I want to get someone to call you so I can better understand the issue and see what can be done. I also wonder about the annual subscription fee thing. Apex has always been a program that one purchases and we supply free updates for the life of that version - which is typically around 4 years, sometimes more - with no yearly/monthly/whatever charges. I have heard that a few people purchased a version of Apex as an annual subscription vs. one-time purchase as a way to decrease the up front costs but I am told that that number is very small. Could you be talking about a fee that your forms program charges you to use the integration? Please let me know.



-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
 
Thanks! I forgot about posting in this thread.

I'll check out your instructions next time I go into a report (no Apex on this particular computer - :( )
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top