• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Changes as of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurielutton

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Can anyone tell me the best place to read up or research the changes that will take place in 2009??? I am still very unclear about these new changes and have read much mixed information about what they really mean. I work independantly from my "home office" so I am pretty sure that I am NOT an "in house" appraiser. If appraisers are not to have any contact with the broker ( or client ) then how will we get our work?
Half of what I read states that the changes will never happen and the other half states that it will force the majority of us out of business.

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
I wouldn't worry about till it happens.Most is just smoke blowing.There will be some changes but not as dramatic as some of the goofball proposals flying around from nit wit politicians.I bet my home office is the smallest in the nation.I can swivel my chair and reach all that is needed without leaving my chair , now that's space utilization..

laurielutton

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I think that we may be sharing the same office! I am hopefull of the smoke blowing but I try to be prepared for what the future might bring.
Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

Bama Bayou

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Alabama
I wouldn't worry about till it happens.Most is just smoke blowing.There will be some changes but not as dramatic as some of the goofball proposals flying around from nit wit politicians.I bet my home office is the smallest in the nation.I can swivel my chair and reach all that is needed without leaving my chair , now that's space utilization..

You have to swivel your chair? :rof:

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
"All depends!!"
Humm... no space for a bathroom ???

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Just search HVCC in the search feature of this forum.

Dean

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Just search HVCC in the search feature of this forum.

But then she will have to wade through 5 thousand posts of speculation,desperation and infighting.

My new motto is i will believe it when i see it.

Dean

laurielutton

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
But then she will have to wade through 5 thousand posts of speculation,desperation and infighting.

My new motto is i will believe it when i see it.

Dean

Thank you Dean,
I did not want to seem lazy. I am more than willing to do my research however, on this topic I just feel at a dead end. I tried to seach old posts but that could very well take me the rest of the year.

How come no one knows the answer to this???

Lloyd Bonafide

Professional Status
State
California
From Ann O'Rourke's free Appraisal Today newsletter:

http://appraisaltoday.com/

Last week I attended a mortgage-related conference where representatives of OFHEO, Fannie, and Freddie spoke.

If you listen between the lines, like I do, it was clear that HVCC implementation, if any, will not be until mid to late 2009, after Fannie's and Freddie's Seller Servicer Guides are revised.

Who sent in letters opposing the HVCC? Of the 7,360 emails sent to Fannie Mae (not including the 30,000+ emails and letters sent by a la mode):
Mortgage brokers - 60%
Appraisers - 10%
Lenders - 10%
Others - 14%

Fannie also received 34 formal letters from large lenders and 31,796 calls to action by email and hard copies.

Most lenders plan on using AMCs for their wholesale (mortgage broker) loans. Trying to set up their own in-house ordering is expensive and a real hassle for a lender doing national wholesale business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks