• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Institute Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empowering Individuals

Appraisal Institute empowers individuals and nurtures an environment that inspires and encourages diversity, equity and inclusion.
The valuation profession has a responsibility to achieve greater racial, ethnic and cultural diversity among appraisers. Recruiting for greater diversity makes us stronger and more representative of the communities we serve and contributes to greater cultural awareness.

We are committed to accelerating diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) initiatives and partnerships. Our efforts include the Appraiser Diversity Initiative in collaboration with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the National Urban League; the Practical Applications of Real Estate Appraisal (PAREA) program; and our Minorities and Women Course Scholarship from the Appraisal Institute Education and Relief Foundation.

Creating a more equitable housing environment requires collaboration and solutions from all players in the field, from real estate brokers and agents, to banks, to government agencies.

Let’s work together to bring about positive change in the valuation profession.

:rof: :rof: :rof:

There’s about a dozen folks in this profession that need to move aside for anything to change. Jim is just 1 of those guys.

He had his feelings hurt because past leadership sucked and was getting called out :rof: I’m sure it does suck when you sit on a high throne thinking you’re something special only to have an ethics professor come in, take one look around, and tell you otherwise.

Last edited:
i like when you participate...it shows a silver of transparency something king bunton or queen davids never did or do :ROFLMAO:

OK, I'll bite. Just what "facts" do you think the AI will release considering national will not even acknowledge a meeting was called? Dr. Chance announced on LinkedIn and it took national nearly a full day before someone typed up a president's message. Heck, one would think national would have had a letter typed and sent within minutes of the secret meeting and secret vote, but I'll guess typing news releases is beneath those who call secret meetings.

A little advice for those in the AI ivory tower: Working on the future is a fool's errand when the present is burning down.
They may not release any. We don't have any legal right to know. We have interest... big curiosity. Cindy Chance may make a statement about it sometime. A 'leak' may occur. Or.... We may never know the full story.

Those emails make me think of old western movies where the American Indian Chief would say "white man speak with Forked Tongue".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back