• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Intelligence - WOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee SW IL

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
You need a subscription to read the Appraisal Intelligence. And I don't.

But, the 2nd story is very interesting. My question, Did the appraiser violate USPAP by being wired? Isn't the appointment findings and conversation during the appointment considered confidential?

I think its great this councilman being exposed, but I don't think I would risk a license to do it.

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
Not if a judge authorized the wiretap which is likely.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Thanks, Frank!

If this keeps up, there's no way they're gonna place all the blame on Appraisers when the shi* hits the fan this time.

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
Where is the bribe? All I saw was a promise for more business. We hear that BS all the time. This sounds like some political dirty work. Is he up for reelection or something?

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
State
Florida
Where is the bribe? All I saw was a promise for more business. We hear that BS all the time. This sounds like some political dirty work. Is he up for reelection or something?

Dale,

You know as well as the rest of us most of the time the appraiser does not get a piece of the action. Most are willing to do the deed for nothing more than a promise of steady work.

As for the councilman, we'll let the folks in Cleveland decide. If he hopes to get re-elected he might have to work a bit to get his stories straight and not make promises he's unwilling or unable to keep.

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Frank:

That is funny. Was it not NC, who just several month ago said that having an oversight board was a really bad idea. They filed a protest against it. What is with these guys? It sounds like, they do not want anyone overseeing their work. I wonder why? If they can not stop an oversight board, they will dominate it. What a bunch of thugs. Sounds like something street gangs in Chicago would try to do. The more I hear about these pr*cks the more I think they are worse than the bad appraisers they were assigned to protect us against. This is why so many appraisers support a Federal take over.

Steve Vertin

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I apologize for the bad comment. However, the hypocrisy is incredible. Just plain incredible. We deserve better than this. We really do.

Steve Vertin

jtrotta

Stephen;
"We deserve better than this" - Deserve's got nothin ta do with this.

we are going to have stick to our guns; work hard at keepin your reputation and honesty in tack and someday the Reward will come.

just remember, if you want to take a dive for somethin, make sure there's over a Million cash money -put into an overseas account before ya do the down & dirty.

And fer $250 - $500 I'll only step on yer cigarette while it's in yer lips 8O

8)

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
U can do everything in your power to be as honest as possible, that does NOT mean your not going to be dragged into an investigation. The "Your innocent until proven quilty" is a good sound bite BUT that is all it is. Once someone reads your being investigated your QUILTY in the eyes of MOST. We need commitment from fellow appraisers that WHEN - IF an appraiser is brought into an investigation others will support him UNTIL it is PROVEN beyond a SHADOW OF DOUBT that that PARTICULAR Appraiser worked to commit FRAUD not just a mistake in CLONING or MISSED a VITAL PIECE of information. ETC ETC This idea is presented because EVERYONE of US is VERY POPSSIBLY the next APPRAISER to be brought up on charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks