• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
Hello,
I'm wondering whether there are posts of useful links like blogs, publications, news, best practices related to appraisals. I was not able to find any (it's possible that I missed them).
Thanks a lot
Cristian

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
You have found us!

Welcome to the Forum.

Ask a question, you'll get answers.

Use the search box in the upper right to see previous answers to similar questions.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Welcome to the Forum! :beer: (y)
You have found us!
As Marion states, this site has a lot of information. It's has helped me immensely over the years. Even if you're not the one asking the questions, you can still learn a lot from the answers. Click on a thread and read through it. There's generally a lot of great information and many times, many differing opinions. These differences can also be very educational since you can see how other appraisers (your peers) are interpreting something or looking at something from different ways.

Besides the AF (appraiser forum, not the appraisal foundation) a couple of magazines come to mind - Valuation Magazine and Working RE. You might look into those. I believe the Appraisal Institute has something, but I think you may have to be a member to receive that.

Again, welcome!

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
Thank you for the resources, bnmappraisal.
And for the welcome, to both of you.
Yes, the forum is an invaluable resource and I intend to use it a lot.

NHvalues

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
New Hampshire
Thank you for the resources, bnmappraisal.
And for the welcome, to both of you.
Yes, the forum is an invaluable resource and I intend to use it a lot.

Christian, are you looking for information on commercial or residential appraisals?

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
If you haven't read the appraisal portions of the HUD 4000.1 or the Fannie guidelines, set down over the weekend and download them. You can find yourself dozing off, but there is a lot of very valuable info there for trainees especially.

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
If you haven't read the appraisal portions of the HUD 4000.1 or the Fannie guidelines, set down over the weekend and download them. You can find yourself dozing off, but there is a lot of very valuable info there for trainees especially.
Thanks, I'll do that. It seems very useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks