• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Review In Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernon Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I had a client ask me to review an appraisal in Florida and I did a Standard 3 review and concluded that the value was not supported. Now he wants my review report to include what the property is really worth and calculate the value difference. Do I need to be certified in Florida to do that?

Thanks, everyone.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
If you give an opinion of value, you have made an appraisal, and subject to all applicable standards and State Laws. Short answer: Yes.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
California Appraiser Doing Reviews in Florida with no license in that State ? This is a gray area and much depends on what the Florida State License Board requires. According to Richard Hagar, it’s not just state law, but there are also clauses in Dodd-Frank, FIRREA, and the Inter-Agency Guidelines that reinforce state laws and what they say about who can pass judgment on an appraisal. He also cites language from the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) in the webinar, which mandates appraisal reviews be completed by appraisers certified and licensed in the state in which the subject property is located.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Now he wants my review report to include what the property is really worth and calculate the value difference.
Not really sure how you would do that being in CA?! :shrug: Just like I would have no idea to value a property in CA (I'm in FL)

I have no problem with you, being in CA, reviewing a FL report for a client. No issues there. But when that client then asks you, again in CA, to include a value for the property, etc, for the property in FL? That's an issue; unless you're licensed in FL and competent to appraise said property in FL.

Vernon Martin

Professional Status
State
California
Are there any solar farm appraisers in Florida?

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Tack on the fee for a temporary practice license in Florida.

Are you reviewing/appraising the business value of a solar farm in Florida, or, the value of the Real Estate? All these laws are about splitting hairs. If you are the employee of a lender, you don't need an out of state license.

Vernon Martin

Professional Status
State
California
Temporary practice permits in Florida seem unfortunately limited to Federally related transactions. My work is usually for private lenders.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
You know what?

Pm Howard Klahr. He's in Florida and could probably best advise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks