• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal signature information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lew Dickerson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
An appraisal management company I work for, has asked me to substitute there information; e-mail address, and telephone number in the signature portion of the 1004 report were my name, license information, and address is contained. I've always been told that I'm required to use the telephone number and e-mail address on file with my license. I was challegened to cite the portion of USPAP that supports my argument and I'm unable to do so. Can anyone help?

Dennis J. Black ASA IFAS

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Lew,

You post is unclear. First, what is you supervisors position on this issue? You are required under Florida Law to be working under direct supervision. How are you working for an AMC?

Also nothing requires email addresses to be in an appraisal.

Lew Dickerson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
State Registered Trainee

My wife is a certified and my supervisor, but not registered with this site. She has worked as an appraiser since 1992 beginning in WV. It was not my intent to be misleading, I suggested this site for clarification. She is of the opinion that a completed report must reflect the email address and telephone information on file with the state.

Dennis J. Black ASA IFAS

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
If the field is intended for the appraiser conatct information then by all means put your information. There is nothing in USPAP which states you must provide the address registered with the state. Florida law requires that you register any address at which you conduct appraisal work. I don't work with the forms, but I teach USPAP and Florida Law. (this Friday Saturday in Fort Myers).

Lew Dickerson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
State Registered Trainee

Thank You! We,ve both satisfied training requirements for this period but I will keep your information on file.

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I have wondered this myself, they want you to put their information because they don't want the client to go directly to you for business. I have been asked this by a few appraisal companies, not appraisal management companies. The thought also is that I want my contact information because I may need to defend my appraisal, not someone who did not complete the report.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Dennis, I have a question very similar to this one. What is the exact part of Florida Chapter 475, Part II, that covers the address for a licensee?

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Dennis, I have a question very similar to this one. What is the exact part of Florida Chapter 475, Part II, that covers the address for a licensee?

Here you go...

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...TM&Title=->2007->Ch0475->Section 623#0475.623

It's 475.623

Although appraisers are not required to include contact information, by law, in an appraisal report, Florida law does require registration or certification number and license/registration status. If the scope of work agreed to with the client involves proper completion of a Fannie/Freddie form, it seems to me the appraiser's actual business address would be required. If something other than that is used, someone could make a case for "misleading".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks