• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraiser independence

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
You're in the wrong profession and that's fairly obvious at this point.
just gone, eh?

here is some help.

7. BE PROFESSIONAL.

a. Do not attack someone for a post they have made. Do not post anything about someone that you would not say to their face! If you have something negative to say about someone then contact them directly, DO NOT POST IT HERE! Do not post anything here that you would not want your grandmother or your daughter to read! THINK BEFORE YOU POST, USE COMMON COURTESY, AND BE NICE!

Econobot

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
just gone, eh?

here is some help.

7. BE PROFESSIONAL.

a. Do not attack someone for a post they have made. Do not post anything about someone that you would not say to their face! If you have something negative to say about someone then contact them directly, DO NOT POST IT HERE! Do not post anything here that you would not want your grandmother or your daughter to read! THINK BEFORE YOU POST, USE COMMON COURTESY, AND BE NICE!
You wanting to be a homeowner advocate is troubling to say the least. Do you really think ensuring the public trust is owner advocacy? Did I misunderstand you or are you in the wrong profession? Appraisers are not to be advocating for homeowners, sorry to break it to you. I would say all of this to your face, without a doubt. I would probably be laughing and amazed but trying to figure out if you're serious.

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
You wanting to be a homeowner advocate is troubling to say the least. Do you really think ensuring the public trust is owner advocacy? Did I misunderstand you or are you in the wrong profession? Appraisers are not to be advocating for homeowners, sorry to break it to you. I would say all of this to your face, without a doubt. I would probably be laughing and amazed but trying to figure out if you're serious.
--

I thought that the "Public Trust" was a Savings & Loan for underworked appraisers ?????

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Public Trust is located on 15th st. It is a big party but you are not invited.

Fannie's Price Confirmation paper documents all the important advocacy information.

If i need an internet business advisor from an unknown source, i will let you know. Check your PM.

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
As a purely practical and self-serving matter.....
You're not going into double overtime in order to protect your client's interests so much as to protect your own. You never want to knowingly expose yourself to an ROV without doing everything you possibly can to sell your opinion to your reader. You want to give your reader everything it takes to trust your opinions above any and all contrary opinions. You want to be more informed about all the relevant sales data than even the brokers.
Whenever you run into one of these situations you need to recognize that you are entering Thunderdome and you need to act accordingly. And you need to do it in your original report. You need to crush all hopes anyone else might have toward getting a different outcome. You need to deny anyone the opportunity to even suggest that you somehow missed something. Truly, you need to be right to begin with.
Excellent Post: and why I ask at the point of initial contact when applicable " is there anything you want to tell me about the property ( updates, etc. ). "
Where-in the answer gets altered to "sales in the area" I do not mind to "receive information" from those (agents, etc.).
To be clear: the subject of the chat is not value and it is NOT a back-and-forth discussion.
At this specific time in the unbiased process, information is useful ( found later to not be useful, perhaps )
As stated in another Post: this can allow ME an opportunity to see HOW they derived market pricing, rational or not.

In short, Since everyone BUT us is free to use any sales information, be it valid, outdated, or ridiculous
the info' will be in my workfile ( and at times described in my Report) with "whys I did not use" given the SOW and best useS of market sale examples.
Thank you George for that Post.

Last edited:
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks