• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraiser Needed In Odessa Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

wep

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
I'm currently doing a conventional re-fi with Roundpoint Mortgage and the loan officer told me that Assurant is having a hard time finding someone in this area. The order has been placed. I'm in Odessa, Tx. 3917 Pleasant Ave. Odessa, Texas 79764 :coolsmiley: If anyone can accept the job I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
I'm currently doing a Fannie Mae re-fi with Roundpoint Mortgage and the loan officer told me that they are having a hard time finding someone in this area.
Odessa, Texas is fairly large city, so it does not make sense that the lender cannot find an appraiser unless that lender does not offer competitive fees to appraisers. It is not the borrower's job to find an appraiser for the lender and personally, if a lender cannot find an appraiser, then I would take my business to another lender who can get the job done.

wep

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
Odessa, Texas is fairly large city, so it does not make sense that the lender cannot find an appraiser unless that lender does not offer competitive fees to appraisers. It is not the borrower's job to find an appraiser for the lender and personally, if a lender cannot find an appraiser, then I would take my business to another lender who can get the job done.
Thanks!

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Assurant is a low pay AMC ( a management company that takes care of assigning appraisers for the lender, but a lender does not have to use an AMC )

Suggest to the lender they hire an appraiser direct and pay that appraiser the full $ fee you paid to the lender. Do you mind telling us what the $ amount was you wrote for the appraisal fee to the lender? An AMC like Assurant might pay as little as half of that, which makes it hard for them to find people to do the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks