GWISC
Member
- Joined
- Dec 3, 2014
- Professional Status
- Certified Residential Appraiser
- State
- Wisconsin
I've completed 2 so far. Really 3, but my first one crashed; Just as I had it all finished, my E/O button informed me of errors. Turns out my dwelling exterior and interior pages disappeared. The IT tech thought that was not possible, but remoted into my computer to check. Sure enough, he verified that two of my pages (thought to be impossible to delete) were gone. The lender allowed me to complete the report in the 2.6 format to get it in on time. The tech called me back, said it was not just me, but they had fixed it.
On my 3rd file: just as I was taking my last few interior photos, the file closed on my Google Pixel 10. All the photos I had taken, were gone. I went through and retook them, but it happened again. Luckily, I made up a shadow file in the 2.6 version, took my photos in that file, then cut and pasted them into the 3.6 report on my desktop. You have to use the "snipping tool" to cut the photo out and then "paste from clipboard" into the 3.6 exhibits. You cannot right-click-copy and paste in the new 3.6. Does not work. Have to use the snipping tool. We all have one, it in your windows, just look for snipping tool.
It's getting better. For now, as I am learning, I kept my fees the same. I informed each of my clients that the fee would be increasing, but that I would have a better understanding of how much more time is involved with the new format after getting used to it. I am not going to charge a borrower for my learning-time. Once I get the routine down, then I can make an informed decision regarding fees.
On my 3rd file: just as I was taking my last few interior photos, the file closed on my Google Pixel 10. All the photos I had taken, were gone. I went through and retook them, but it happened again. Luckily, I made up a shadow file in the 2.6 version, took my photos in that file, then cut and pasted them into the 3.6 report on my desktop. You have to use the "snipping tool" to cut the photo out and then "paste from clipboard" into the 3.6 exhibits. You cannot right-click-copy and paste in the new 3.6. Does not work. Have to use the snipping tool. We all have one, it in your windows, just look for snipping tool.
It's getting better. For now, as I am learning, I kept my fees the same. I informed each of my clients that the fee would be increasing, but that I would have a better understanding of how much more time is involved with the new format after getting used to it. I am not going to charge a borrower for my learning-time. Once I get the routine down, then I can make an informed decision regarding fees.