• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bars on windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend is a veterinarian he says people make pittbulls dangerous... he has said any dog can be made dangerous
 
my friend is a veterinarian he says people make pittbulls dangerous... he has said any dog can be made dangerous
I don't underestimate little dogs. One time little bast**d followed behind me and tried to nip the back of my heel.
 
So dogs are pack animals My sons dachshund was very protective BUT I was the Pack Leader . So when I had any new friends come over I warned then not to try and pet Oscar until I got him under control and let the dog sniff them . Once the sniffed them he would just roll over and everything was ok...If they had children oscar would lick them like crazy and play.
 
Chihuahuas & Dachshunds are the only two breeds that have ever drawn blood from me on inspections. Never turn your back on those, they're cowards simply waiting for that opportunity…
 
Appraisers go to houses that have dogs. It is risky untl the owners have control and you don't come across as a threat.

BUT there are dogs that are dangerous because they have been abused.
 
Appraisers go to houses that have dogs. It is risky untl the owners have control and you don't come across as a threat.

BUT there are dogs that are dangerous because they have been abused.
I've had lots of close calls with big mean dogs that could've made hamburger out of me in an instant however I always got my bluff in on them somehow. A clipboard and fiberglass tape are pretty cold comfort when there is a chow the size of a black bear coming straight for you.
 
So dogs are pack animals My sons dachshund was very protective BUT I was the Pack Leader . So when I had any new friends come over I warned then not to try and pet Oscar until I got him under control and let the dog sniff them . Once the sniffed them he would just roll over and everything was ok...If they had children oscar would lick them like crazy and play.
My dog never sniff.
There was this lady up the hill who kept her two dalmatians inside and the dogs when on the balcony would bark (or speak in dog language).
Whenever that lady takes her walk on the street, my dog would bark at her aggressively.
 
Stupid, or drug, owners make bad dogs
No matter how well trained, a dog has an in-bred tendency. A bird dog will hunt birds. A coon dog will tree coons. Pit bull dogs were bred as attack animals. Herding animals will often bite you on the heels, but a bulldog attacks the head and front. Rottweilers were trained as bear dogs. So, no matter what, they still have that nature and something can trigger them, often it is flight. An antelope baby that does not flee will not be attacked by young cheetahs. They do not know how to respond to one that stands still.

A retired K-9 dog killed its handler's 3 year old... that's the nature of the dog. It was never trained to attack children.
 
I got bit by a Chihuahua dog a few years ago in a person's back yard. They had some big dogs that were like guard dogs running free and they didn't bother me. The lady said it won't bite. She was wrong. It stayed after me until eventually it snook up behind me when I wasn't watching it. It got me on the leg. It had to get tetanus shot the next day. It took the bite a while to heal. I told the lady it bit me. I didn't push her to pay for my tetanus shot.

Dog bites are one of main causes of tetanus (aka lockjaw). I should have left gate open and turned it loose. LOL
 
I think the VA requirement is to ensure the occupants' safety, not the burglars'.... :)
Exactly, occupants safety. "Safe, Sound, Sanitary".
WARNING... potential can of worms. Old wood windows painted shut, safety issue?
An adult could break said window and escape, but what of small child blinded & choking on acrid smoke?
Apologize in advance, couldn't help poking da bear.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top