• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

bath description

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are triangular in shape and large enough for 1.5 people or one average size Cheesehead.
Corner tubs are as dumb a jet tubs. Bathrooms should have showers only and if you want to wash the kids, do it in the sink or the laundry tubs like we did in the old days.

BTW, there is no such animal as an "average Cheesehead."

I have some friends who shall we say are "supersized"...400 each. They recently remodeled the bath to get a very large tub out of necessity. I am not sure it is triangular shaped but it is very large.

How about a cowboy bath...I know a fellow who built a shower stall out of a cattle watering tank cut down on one side and used an oval tank for a bathtub..."rustic" verrrry "rustic".

Bath where five people can take a bath at the same time; all of whom have been in a sexual relationship with all of the others, sometimes at separate times.

Hey, what about a Michigan bath?

I had to laugh the first time I read a Realtor comment for a hunting cabin "up North".
"A pump in the kitchen, and a path to the bath". :rof:

Ahhh, the places these threads go.....

No return call from the agent, so I guess we will all have to remain in the dark concerning the Hollywood Bath.

I was taught early on that a Hollywood Bath was one where two bedrooms had two sinks, usually together, and shared the tub and toilet, as opposed to a Jack & Jill which had sinks in closed rooms which then opened up to share the t/t. But I like the other descriptions better.

I have come to the point where I almost consider jet tubs to be superadequate and causing functional obsolescence in most HUD Code houses up here in the north.

Over the years, doing anywhere for 40 to 60 mfg per year, I've often talked to owners who tell me that the jet tub was used maybe a half dozen times and then not at all. Reason: It takes up to 80 gallons of water to fill the tub and the house has a 40 gallon slow recovery electric water heater. By the time you get enough hot deep water, you are out of the mood. Plus, when you drain it, where does it go? Into the septic tank. That drainage alone is like flushing the toilet 53 times.

I always hear those trianular, corner tubs called "Garden Tubs". They put a lot of those in newer double wides.

double wides.

A term we do not recognize here. :nono:

The correct terminology is something like

HUD Code Multi-sectional Mfg houses.

"Double wides" most often refers to the two obese ladies in front of you at the check-out counter. :laugh:

I think it's agent speak for a large fancy m-bathroom. It's not a defined term as far as I know.

I agree. It would probably have his and hers toilets, at least one bidet, a Jacuzzi type tub, a multiple head shower, double lavy, dressing table with make-up lighting, maybe a lounge and viewing area. LOL

A term we do not recognize here. :nono:

The correct terminology is something like

HUD Code Multi-sectional Mfg houses.

"Double wides" most often refers to the two obese ladies in front of you at the check-out counter. :laugh:

Or.. Executive trailer :rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back