• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Becoming a Fannie Mae Appraiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Parker

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Mississippi
A Fannie Mae rep just contacted me by phone & email, said Fannie is looking for appraisers in my area. She said this would mainly be REO work. Any of you guys (or gals) ever did work directly for Fannie? If so, how are they to work for? I appreciate your thoughts.

Anthem

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Well if they are contacting you maybe you can actually get a descent FEE, their fees have dropped over the recent years.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Check out the other thread by Ray Miller, re notice from Fannie Mae.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Well if they are contacting you maybe you can actually get a descent FEE, their fees have dropped over the recent years.

DESCENT fee is right....they keep going down. Read Ray Miller's thread about ...."anyone else get this?"

Matt Parker

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Mississippi
How do I find that thread?

Wm. Hattaway

Professional Status
State
Florida
In our area they pay $350 for the 1004 REO and they want the active listings on the REO page in a grid (same as the comps). You get the orders through AppraisalPort which charges you $7 per and you have to be able to send in an AI ready format. They usually give you 10 days to complete the assignment and once the appraisal is accepted they typically pay in 3-5 days. I would recommend taking an REO class if you are going to do them. JVI REO offers one http://jvireo.com/index.html.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks