• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Blanket denials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hglenbetts

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I have a MB that just told me FHA UWs are immedialty denying anything marked "Declining Market". Interesting, since 95% of the country is in a decling market. I'm guessing he's blowing smoke because his deals are so tight no one will look at his stuff in a declining market.

Any comments? Anyone else had this?:shrug:

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
MB is FOS.

PS: Did you get that Dell link?

hglenbetts

Professional Status
State
Michigan
PS: Did you get that Dell link?

Yes!! Thank you so much. I'll be placing my order tonight, if I get caught up. Actually have some work piling up!!:clapping:

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I think the Dell NAR people only answer the phone between 8-5 so don't wait too long to call after you put the system in your cart. Let me know how the NAR and DPA discounts stack.

Beaver

David Beasley

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
No comments, but a question to the OP: Where did you read or see that "95% of the country is in a declining market"?

95% of 50 states is 47.5 states. So you're telling me that 47.5 TOTAL STATES (all the individual markets in all 47.5 states) out of the 50 total states are all in decline? I doubt that seriously. The Evening Spin(news) would have no other stories worthy of reporting if that were the case. And they are already in the business of bad news-only distribution as it is...it's their job as the PR arm of the DNC - no positive news is allowed (notice their lack of Iraq stories the last few months).

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
...since 95% of the country is in a decling market...

A decline from one period to the next in the Average Sold Price does not necessarily indicate that property VALUES have declined from the one period to the next.

Do you see the difference?

Dominic

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I have a MB that just told me FHA UWs are immedialty denying anything marked "Declining Market". Interesting, since 95% of the country is in a decling market. I'm guessing he's blowing smoke because his deals are so tight no one will look at his stuff in a declining market.

MB is flat out lying... I have marked many FHA appraisals as declining/over-supply in the past year and heard not one word of protest...

tjcou812

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Same here If the market is in a declining market thats what I check off and write a statement. Have done many FHA appraisals with declining/over-supply boxes checked, like I said before if you have the supporting data to prove it in the report you don't get UW's denying or asking for a statement on the issue its already there in black and white.

Ken Youngkrantz

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Lee, at the risk of showing my ignorance could (or would) you expand on your comments?
Thanks
Ken

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
It's the idiot, leisure suit, ex-car salesmen mortgage brokers who are all washed out in the sub-prime ARM easy money biz who now smell their next victims blood in the new sub-prime market of FHA. They are co-brokering deals and have no idea how to properly originate an FHA loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks