• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bowflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug in NC

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Does anyone here use a Bowflex to stay in shape? I know of two people personally who have lost a bunch of weight as a result of working out on one of these machines. If you have one and like it, which model do you have? Thanks.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
From appraising experience, the bowflexes I see in the homes make an excellent place to hang clothing (the pool and ping pong tables are for folded clothing) ...

Jungle Boy

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Florida
We recently purchased an Inspire M3. Looked at Bowflexes and many many other machines. If you need something that is very versatile, yet doesn't take up much space, check out the Inspires. The only exercises not possible on this machine are squats and back extensions. The M4 (biggest brother)has a squat function as well. We paid $2,500, which is much under regular retail. Used ones are even less. Yes, a little pricy, but works much better than most other home machines.

Jungle Boy

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Florida
Ok, you can't do proper deadlifts with it (above 200 lbs), or real calf raises (total isolation).

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Total Gym rocks-n-rolls.

Zmcraney

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Mississippi
this is just my opinion, but you'd probably be better off with a set of adjustable dumbbells (selectech, powerblocks) and a good incline/decline/flat bench. Have you looked into kettlebell training at all?? Its getting to be pretty popular down here and seems to be a great full body workout.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
It ain't the machine. It's the guy (or gal) on the machine!:unsure:

JT1974

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
this is just my opinion, but you'd probably be better off with a set of adjustable dumbbells (selectech, powerblocks) and a good incline/decline/flat bench.

I'll second that.

I have an old bowflex. I used it quite a bit when I was in college and it really is a great machine. I actually used to have six pack abs back in College. Now I just have a six pack of Bud. :rof:

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Before you spend money on exercise stuff you should decide whether you're an exercise person to begin with. If you already are in the gym habit or you already do some calisthenics or other exercise on your own, then buying equipment can expand your range. If you don't already have the habit, buying stuff isn't going to make you have the habit. The stuff will more likely just get in your way.

You can do a lot without any weights at all. A LOT. A routine with squats, 2 or 3 kinds of pushups and pullups, added with some distance walking, will go a long ways towards weight reduction and building general tone. If you get to the point where your body weight no longer provides sufficient resistance then you're in pretty damn good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks