• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bright MLS-1004mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosgar

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Pennsylvania
Bright MLS was recently introduced in our area. I have no issues maneuvering around the site and locating comps.

Is there and easy way to complete a 1004MC sheet? Our old MLS had a simple button to click.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Last time I used it, it printed tabled data -or- tabled data + the properties used (1234 Main Street) to a pdf.
You have to transcribe the data into your program. PITA
What's nice is that you can define the *exact* map of the area you want to pull the comparables from: Play with the map function.
Or -- Search an arbitrary 1, 2, 5-mile radius around subject.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Under the print function, choose Stats - Analysis

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Is there and easy way to complete a 1004MC sheet?
It's easy to fill out the data...it's not easy to support your opinion of market trends. That goes way beyond filling out the data on the 1004MC.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
It's easy to fill out the data...it's not easy to support your opinion of market trends.
That MLS system helps make the process much much easier.
Download several years of data, you can then sort & arrange it by area, price class, property type, etc., etc.
Graphs of the data showing the Trend are not difficult in Excel, and, once you decide what information you typically want to rely upon & present.....
Well, the Macros in Excel can make that process pretty quick & easy.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
That MLS system helps make the process much much easier.
Download several years of data, you can then sort & arrange it by area, price class, property type, etc., etc.
Graphs of the data showing the Trend are not difficult in Excel, and, once you decide what information you typically want to rely upon & present.....
Well, the Macros in Excel can make that process pretty quick & easy.
And it adjusts all the variances of each of those comps so that they represent price variances of an equal property? I think not. I don't like trends by price. Did the market really increase or were those comps updated and/or upgraded or have a superior view, etc. thus sold 10% higher? You best determination of trends is right in your SCA...along with your knowledge of the market and your discussions with RE Agents that work in that market.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks