• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Can I appraise this property?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grand

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wyoming
I have been asked by a local bank to appraise a vacant lot in town. The lot is zone AR (Auto-Urban Residential), which my license permits, but it consists of 5 lots (the lot lines have been removed), and the highest and best use is townhomes. As a certified residential appraiser, can I appraise this lot as vacant?

Webbed Feet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Canada
I had no idea our licensing allowed certain types of zoning. If there were no licensed appraisers how would jurisdictions ever be able to apply those zoning types without us? Such a mystery!

Other than the above, as a CERTIFIED appraiser what in the ding dong is the intended use and the requested SOW? I know these are very trivial matters and beneath our dignity to have to discuss them, but nuts, sometimes we just have to!

Webbed.

P.S. Welcome to the forum! It really helps the communication skills if you stay with it. By the way, what if the H&BU was rowhouses instead! .. ;) .. No wait, condos it could be condos! And I hate it when they remove the lot lines. It should be required that they put them back on with that chalky stuff they use for game fields at least once a month.

Last edited:

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
If you are looking at a small subdivision analysis I dont think your license level will permit you to do it. If you are looking at a single lot with a highest and best use for townhouse development, but you are appraising the property as a single lot I see no reason you cant appraise it as long as there are adequate sales with which to estimate market value.

I wish you the best of luck with this assignment.

Ruben Ramon

Professional Status
State
Michigan
You should try your state board. If your competent, and the transaction amount is under $250,000, FIRREA would allow it. That is assuming that your competent. In Michigan, your license level could do it, but it would have to be non-complex...whatever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks