• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Changing a Report from FHA to Conventional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snail

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I completed an FHA assignment a few weeks ago. Yesterday I received an email from the client requesting I change the appraisal from FHA to Conventional. Would it be USPAP compliant if I get a new order from the client, create a new work file, remove the intended user "FHA" from the scope of work, and have a new signature date? I would not be reinspecting the property; the effective date would stay the same. I would state in the scope of work that the effective date was the original date of inspection.
Any guidance is very much appreciated.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I completed an FHA assignment a few weeks ago. Yesterday I received an email from the client requesting I change the appraisal from FHA to Conventional. Would it be USPAP compliant if I get a new order from the client, create a new work file, remove the intended user "FHA" from the scope of work, and have a new signature date? I would not be reinspecting the property; the effective date would stay the same. I would state in the scope of work that the effective date was the original date of inspection.
Any guidance is very much appreciated.
I do hope your status line is just out of date. Trainees are not allowed to do FHA appraisals.

It is a new assignment and should be treated as such. The effective date and scope of work are certainly things you can negotiate with your client, but be sure your report is not misleading.

Snail

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Out of date.

Thats correct my status line is out of date. I have put in a request for change of status.

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
I believe you would be ok as long as the client and buyers are staying the same. It sounds like the borrowers have simply changed loan types and the client needs the scope changed so that the intended user does not list FHA/HUD. If this is the case what you described sound fine. New assignment, order, file number, workfile and new invoice for your time if you so desire which I am sure you do.

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hey snail,

Are you really as slow as a snail or is it a play on your speedy 24hr turn times?:new_smile-l:

larryrebecca

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
FHA Number

When you change the report what becomes of the FHA number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks