• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cindy Chance

More press coverage:

"Chance, in an email to me today, said that entangled interests in the regulatory space, non-profit advocacy space and for-profit space is "a situation that is ripe for corruption and self-dealing."

In a Feb. 23 email obtained by me, Former AI CEO Jim Amorin wrote to leaders, expressing his displeasure with the direction Chance was taking, including “negative and damaging statements that she continues to make about me and ‘past leadership.’”"

"Chance said that she had asked leadership to pass along to Amorin a challenge to a public debate, which was declined.

“Here you see the kind of politics and pressure that has impacted the organization's effectiveness,” Chance said."

Yowza.

There’s another forum?

But we’re the racists. :rof:
And the officers are just installed for 3 years with no voting by members and are also on the Board of Directors? Members get to vote in ASA and IAAO, I don't pay much attention except to vote for people I know, and the ones I don't know, I read their biography and only vote for actual licensed appraisers in those 2 organizations, but you can write in vote as well. Wow.

“When you have people in roles for long periods of time, who are friends for years, and they work in the regulatory space and then in the non-profit advocacy space, and then in the for-profit space, and all of these interests get entangled, it is a situation that is ripe for corruption and self-dealing,”
- Cindy Chance

Yeah, with that attitude she had to go :rof:

“When you have people in roles for long periods of time, who are friends for years, and they work in the regulatory space and then in the non-profit advocacy space, and then in the for-profit space, and all of these interests get entangled, it is a situation that is ripe for corruption and self-dealing,”
- Cindy Chance

Yeah, with that attitude she had to go :rof:
Yep. Out of the gate Dr. Chance noticed the emperor has no clothes and spoke up, now she's being gaslighted.

I dumped my SRA. Felt so good too. It made no sense for me to pay over 1k each year on dues. I mean for what? I already demonstrated my skills and earned the designation. I don't have to pay a fee each year to keep my MBA so to do so for the SRA was asinine. AI literally did nothing for me as a residential appraiser so why would I submit to the money grab. hahaha those dues were more than my realtor, MLS, ima, dues and fees combined. AI would probably cite some obscure Capitol Hill happening as justification for my dues. Guess that didn't work as things have been getting worse year-over-year since I became an appraiser. I wish I could have the AI give me the money back I spent for a week in a hotel when I was getting the SRA.
It felt good when I quit too. I was dumb enough to get talked into going for a dual designation, paying for SRA and MAI "candidate for designation" because National told me they would accept my prior experience hours, then they changed to the "points" system and changed the advanced classes in the middle of my process and required additional experience hours. An MAI (a really brilliant guy who is now retired) who was one of my teachers at college tried to help me satisfy their additional requirements and he even got frustrated with the hoops I was being made to jump through. Two other CRs in the chapter that upgraded to CG and tried to get their MAIs (both were male) quit too. So I don't even think it's sexist or racist, etc. It's the stigma against residential appraisers. A CR co-worker of mine had taken all the AI classes and only lacked the Demonstration. She wanted to complete that and get the SRA but was told her Principles class was too old, they said. They wanted her to "challenge" the exam. She'd been an appraiser since 1991 as well. She quit AI too. Maybe that's why they have a CPA guy as interim CEO. Someone needs to tell them chasing paying experienced members off is not progressive and doesn't make money.

More press coverage:

"Chance, in an email to me today, said that entangled interests in the regulatory space, non-profit advocacy space and for-profit space is "a situation that is ripe for corruption and self-dealing."

In a Feb. 23 email obtained by me, Former AI CEO Jim Amorin wrote to leaders, expressing his displeasure with the direction Chance was taking, including “negative and damaging statements that she continues to make about me and ‘past leadership.’”"

Just like I thought the FOJ.

Maybe that's why they have a CPA guy as interim CEO. Someone needs to tell them chasing paying experienced members off is not progressive and doesn't make money.
Wonder if he'll raise the alarm at the "rumored" millions (and counting) burned through for PAREA?

Last edited:
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back