• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cindy Chance

This evening I’m helping my son remove popcorn ceiling from his first house. Once again this latest skullduggery reminds me of why I’m so thankful I said “no” when he graduated college and wanted to work with me as an appraiser. Damn shame but I’m happy he’s not dealing with this industry.

I wish Dr. Chance well, and something tells me this isn’t finished by a long shot.

Last edited:
The AI fired her. I resigned from the AI. They can all pound salt. It is obvious they don't care about the future of the profession.

BC
I tried to tell you not to give money to them. I hope they have not ruined her career, she deserves better, she has integrity and a real class act from her well researched articles. Funny that a complete outsider could see right through the game. I hope they gave her a good severance and if not, I hope she sues the $5000 suit pants off those responsible. This should really set off some alarm bells somewhere. How much more obvious could they be that she was forced to resign because she defended appraisers. I hope she did not go quietly.

I was a big fan of the Society until the AI took it over. The SRA is still useful for testimony work, but AMCs could not care less if you have a designation, only a pulse. I have to admit I have not been involved with any organization for over 20 years, not really sure what this is all about.
All you have to know is she was defending appraisers. That's apparently a no no.

‘It's still not entirely clear what led to the termination. In terms of disputes between the CEO and the board, Chance said she's "on the record as recommending governance overhaul, but I wouldn’t call that a dispute- that was a recommendation based on my fiduciary responsibility to the organization. I was executing successfully and communicating transparently to the Board and the membership regarding my progress on our board approved goals."’

Could this mean she wanted changes to the BOD?
She probably had the nerve to ask the Board "Why in the hell is the Appraisal Institute not taking issue with these National HUD ads in magazines, billboards, bathroom walls, etc. disparaging appraisers?". Just a guess.

Last edited:
"secret" meeting?

...was terminated during what she described as a “secret board meeting” on Thursday night that she was excluded from.​

The Appraisal Institute now faces a backlash from members who support Chance, a veteran nonprofit leader who joined roughly a year ago and pledged to make governance reforms and support the work of on-the-ground appraisers.​

When i attended an AI class back about 10 years ago, the chapter (New Mexico High Plains) there was considerable backlash over AI leaving TAF because TAF thought they could be educators too. Our instructor was the Prez at the time they withdrew from TAF and was forced to defend his position to the class - speaking of which - about 2 hours of the class was devoted to this issue which had nothing to do with 'continuing education' - but that's another issue.

"secret" meeting?

...was terminated during what she described as a “secret board meeting” on Thursday night that she was excluded from.​

The Appraisal Institute now faces a backlash from members who support Chance, a veteran nonprofit leader who joined roughly a year ago and pledged to make governance reforms and support the work of on-the-ground appraisers.​

When i attended an AI class back about 10 years ago, the chapter (New Mexico High Plains) there was considerable backlash over AI leaving TAF because TAF thought they could be educators too. Our instructor was the Prez at the time they withdrew from TAF and was forced to defend his position to the class - speaking of which - about 2 hours of the class was devoted to this issue which had nothing to do with 'continuing education' - but that's another issue.
The interim CEO is a CFO at Madison Partners in mergers and acquisitions and is a CPA, hmmm. And they threw "Diversity" out the window too.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back