• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

ClickFORMS will run on a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Though not perfect, ClickFORMS is quite usable for a residential appraiser running with CrossOver on a Mac (and likely on Linux too.) I may bring it back, but for now I've uninstalled Parallels on my Mac.

When the program starts "Error creating object. Please verify that the Microsoft Data Access Components 2.1 (or later) have been properly installed" appears as a notice. The "Lists" databases do not open, likely it is related to this message. The error message I get is, when opening a file, it says "Could not open the file y:\Documents\My ClickForms\Reports\xxxxxx.clk" just after opening the file. The file opens, but is labeled as an untitled container. When "Save As" is chosen the name xxxxxx.clk is already present in the dialog box, and the report can be saved in the original location. Some information in a re-opened report may not be visible (though it will print in a PDF) until the save as is done.

WinSketch will launch, function normally, transfer the data and transfer the sketch back to the sketch page. Location maps and Flood maps function normally, as do the Photo Sheet and Image Optimizer. PDF creation works normally too.

Apex will launch and function normally in making a sketch, but it will not transfer the sketch and data into ClickFORMS automatically. (Apex 3.2 will launch outside of ClickFORMS too, but the Medina version of Apex will only launch from within ClickFORMS.)

lafferty

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I use parallels. I tried CrossOver and get the same message. I need my databases and lists. I did pledge to buy one copy of Crossover if they would support Clickforms. If we all pledge to do it, they might support the program. Bradford will not support, so no use in asking them.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I didn't use the databases in the List menu much anymore, so it is not an issue for me. I did find a way to solve that problem. Download and install MDAC 2.5 sp3. It fixes the List menu databases and the error about opening files.

Disk space on my laptop was getting to be an issue, and dumping Parallels freed up +30 GB of space. I would not expect any official support from Bradford.

lafferty

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I am still using parallels. I downloaded the mdac 2.5 thingy - still no go with lists and loading the program. I would love to get off of parallels. I will keep working with crossover. Maybe I can get crossover to support clickforms.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Email me directly if you need to.

I am using a win98 bottle. The ClickFORMS installer also requires either Internet Explorer be installed or the CrossOver HTML engine be installed first. Internet Explorer runs best in a win98 bottle, so that is what I chose. Use the CrossOver HTML engine for other types of bottles. The MDAC 2.5 just needs to be installed prior to running the program. Once you have it working, make an archive via the Advanced tab under the Manage Bottles command.

Use the link in my profile to send me an email if you need more help. It works fine for me.

Last edited:

swissarmy

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Utah
Have you tried Vmware Fusion. I have been using this with bradford for a year now. Zero problems. I have never tried cross over or par. Fusion with win xp runs better on my mac than my pc.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Fusion, Parallels or BootCamp all require a copy of Windows; CrossOver from CodeWeavers does not. That results in a tremendous difference in cost. It is also a big difference in the space required on the hard drive. Best of all CrossOver eliminates the problem of having Windows running on your Mac.

swissarmy

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Utah
Fusion, Parallels or BootCamp all require a copy of Windows; CrossOver from CodeWeavers does not. That results in a tremendous difference in cost. It is also a big difference in the space required on the hard drive. Best of all CrossOver eliminates the problem of having Windows running on your Mac.

All true Couch Potato. I was just pointing out there is another alternative. Fusion has been flawless for me. Boot Camp is good minus the reboot from mac to windows issue. Xp can be had for quite cheap these days. If you happen to already have a copy (not OEM) then your good to go. External hard drive may be had for under $100. Just pointing out there are more options than one. The only down side I have heard with Crossover is it is not as compatible with many programs as fusion. However, this forum is about bradford clickforms and from this post, it clearly works well with bradford. I think I will give it a try myself. I am always forward thinking to give something a try.:icon_lol:

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Being compatible with many programs is not an issue for me at all. I only need three: Internet Explorer, ClickFORMS and Apex. CrossOver does all three. An additional hard drive can help, but if you are running on a laptop as I am, they are quite cumbersome and twice the cost of CrossOver by themselves. Fusion and Parallels cost more than CrossOver even without the Windows license.

Using CrossOver is not quite as smooth an experience as running in Windows, but it is close enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks