• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Collateral Underwriter "suggested Comparables"

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they choose me because i best represented their company. what you implied is that they choose me to "hit a number" which is a baseless accusation. if one wanted to find the "number hitters" that would not be a tough task. and let me ask you this if i wanted to end around the hvcc/AMC and talk with the broker and find out what value was needed to make the loan work would it be hard to do?
I did not imply anything as maybe every loan officer and mortgage broker that steered appraisal to you were 100% honest and upstanding citizens who cared about overall loan quality and were not worried about maximizing their commissions. However, it is not rationally arguable that loan officers and mortgage brokers had a very large monetary incentive to select those appraisers who would make their deals work. Thus, the system of loan officer and mortgage broker selection of appraisers was inherently and irreparably corrupt. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that is either obtuse or not interested in having an intellectually honest discussion about the HVCC and appraiser independence.

Additionally, your posts have failed to acknowledge and address the fact that loan officer and mortgage broker selection of the appraiser has been illegal under the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines since 1992, which is long before the HVCC came along.
 
I agree with you that there are some clueless appraisers. But if we are weeding out the clueless and bad actors why does it start and stop at appraisers?

And don't tell me about veterans. I am one, and my oldest son did 5 tours in Iraq and 1 in Pakistan. How much mail did/do you send to APOs and FPOs?

And you're right, appraisers don't have PTSD, they just drop out of the industry in astounding numbers, 'cause there are so many better paying jobs out there.
 
[/QUOTE]
I don't think that Marion was trying to insult vets, I just think that her claim that
i do not think Marion was trying to insult vets. your reading comprehension is off on that one.

yeah AMC's not pressuring appraisers news to me. seen it. see good bad and ugly.
I don't think that Marian was trying to insult Vets either, but her statement that appraisers suffer from PTSD because of the changes in the appraisal industry over the past 10 years is just plain stupid
 
I agree with you that there are some clueless appraisers. But if we are weeding out the clueless and bad actors why does it start and stop at appraisers?

And don't tell me about veterans. I am one, and my oldest son did 5 tours in Iraq and 1 in Pakistan. How much mail did/do you send to APOs and FPOs?

And you're right, appraisers don't have PTSD, they just drop out of the industry in astounding numbers, 'cause there are so many better paying jobs out there.
I have family members and friends who have done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and I am thankful for their service as I am for the service of you and your son. However, comparing what appraisers have gone thru the past 10 years with PTSD suffered by our Vets is just plain stupid.

BTW, I hope that your son never has to go on another tour in a war zone and stays safe
 
Dopple-Post
 
Last edited:
Ninety nine posts later, I hope the OP has some obtained some resolution. Hopefully without any PTSD. {Note to moderators: we need a sarc font}
 
One good thing about it is it looks like those in management wanting a fastest and cheapest, or just throw it together have another thing coming. I thing CU is just the beginning in that regard. Technology, you gotta love it. It appears cold hard facts from technology is doing what skilled management couldn't do in some ways. I know, they have an excuse......profit.
 
Picture Jerry McGuire as the AMC? LOL

 
Last edited:
Uh Oh, and then comes facts from CU. Uh Oh.
 
Now see,

Just when I was going to post something sarcastic Eddie jumps in and makes sense.

Thank you Eddie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top