• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Course Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahwarshaw

Freshman Member
So I am actually going to start my course work, even after reading through the newbie posts. Unfortunately there are no classes currently offered in my area so I am having to drive over an hour to get to weekly classes. I am starting with USPAP and the next two classes offered are condos and single family homes. I am worried that I will be behind by starting with the specific areas instead of an intro class. I really want to get started though and these classes are only ones I have found offered during times I can attend (nights/weekends). Any advice on a book(s) I can start with to give myself a head start for studies?

Sarah

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Since your first class will be USPAP and if it will be several weeks before class starts--you can print out a copy of USPAP from the Appraisal Foundation web site. You might want to at least view it on the screen so that you are familiar with it before class starts--then when the instructor starts talking it will make more sense.

http://www.appraisalfoundation.org/html/US...PAP2003/toc.htm

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Buy Henry Harrison's Illustrated guide to the URAR Appraisal Report $39.95 Forms & Worms. It contains USPAP, Fannie Mae guidelines, FHA/VA rules and regulations.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Originally posted by Mike Garrett, RAA@Jun 6 2003, 11:35 PM
Buy Henry Harrison's Illustrated guide to the URAR Appraisal Report $39.95 Forms & Worms. It contains USPAP, Fannie Mae guidelines, FHA/VA rules and regulations.
Then make sure you get all the USPAP, Fannie, Freddie, FHA, etc updates!!!

Michael McCoy

Freshman Member
You do not mention where you are located but I am from California and I took a home study course from Allied. I feel it prepared me better for the exam and report writting than some of the "in person" classes some of my co-workers took. They never even saw the standard 1004 form until they started working. Just a thought.

Charles Woods

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Utah
When you are getting ready for exams (USPAP etc.), you may want to try:

http://www.LearnAppraising.com

I also really liked Henry Harrison's "Illustrated guide to the URAR Appraisal Report" book, this is very helpful for everybody. Good luck in your future appraisal career :) !

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks