• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Dataquick

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagpiper

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
:icon_question:Has anyone had any experience with DataQuick?

I think they are looking for employee appraisers in many markets. Try the search function, here on AF.

Yes. Paid on time. Reasonable fee. Their website is gawdaufle. I just go strait to the local CSR to submit reports.

Data-Quick is MDA (you know, Marshall & Swift), is TPG, is a Texas based company, like Valuation Partners and e-appraisit (First American Corp).

It seems only appropriate that company's with very definite anti-progressive policies are based in the "I want to secede from the union" and "Tea Party (TPTP)" State of Texas. By the way, how'd you like that recent AMC fee survey that came out of Texas - Basically, giving the appraisal profession the middle finger folks. No big surprise there!

Oh yeah - Data-Quick Reasonable fees? How about a drive-by appraisal for $155? They seem to be in the "eappraisit" category for some fees, but some fees are higher than say Valuation Partners, which is another generally low fee AMC. They also seem to have a ton of stips with their assignments, perhaps that is client specific - I haven't any real experience accepting/ doing their work but have entertained the idea for a particular assignment until I saw the stips.

Voluminous and/or abusive stips and low fees combine to make a very unattractive business arrangement for me - something I definitely avoid (with one hand on my six gun).

I fully expect the clients of these low ball-stipulation happy companies to be the most risky for one's appraiser license for no logical reason except it is simply part of their business philosophy or culture (no matter how good your work product).

However, trying to establish their "captive" employee appraiser base in most states so they won't need to send me orders in the future.

I personally don't do any kind of appraisal work for under $300, unless it was for a homeowner. I haven't done that yet, but it would be the exception.

Our headquarters is located at:
DataQuick Lending Solutions®, Inc.
5300 Brandywine Parkway
Suite 100
Wilmington, DE 19803-1470

Not from Texas.

For the record, seven states have filed petitions to secede:
Petitions from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas residents have accrued at least 25,000 signatures, the number the Obama administration says it will reward with a staff review of online proposals.

25,000 is a small number needed for a state with a large population like Texas. Texas is not going to secede, but if there was any state capable, it would be us. I guess we should be concentrating on more important issues like legalizing pot.

Last edited:
MDA DataQuick Acquired by TPG Capital (based in Fort Worth, Texas.)

Fri, 2010-11-05 16:32 — NationalMortgag...

http://nationalmortgageprofessional.com/news21690/mda-dataquick-acquired-tpg-capital

Regarding secession for legalizing pot for non-medical use. Funny, we already have and so has Washington State, both progressive States.

It would be interesting to see Texas hickory and cannabis smoked barbecue roadside stands opening up - It would probably lead to a lot of highway accidents from drivers going 10 miles/ hour on 75 mile/hour highways.

If you decide to do work for them carefully read the three pages of instructions.

Minimum of four (4) comps, one can be a listing

Aerial photo required in addition to the normal list of photos.

MLS search criteria page showing how you conducted your search and the sales it revealed.

Strict compliance with UAD including some things that no one else finds to be a problem.

Short turn times.

Fees can be negotiated. Think they are having problems getting people to work for what they are offering.

Website is difficult, I also just send the appraisal to the rep as a .pdf file.

Seems they have lots of work in my market as I get two or three requests a week. Been turning most of them down as I cannot meet their time requirements.

Yet to be paid from them for work done in November.

From what I have read here.. I would not work with them...Let them hire the worst appraisers for the lowest fees.... they will get what they pay for....

In my market their fee has increase recently to $306 and there is no turn time requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back