• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Dataquick

Status
Not open for further replies.
they haven't called me in almost a week, wonder if I got fired?

they haven't called me in almost a week, wonder if I got fired?

Based upon my experience, those AMC's on the dark side employ a very similar business model and what you are experiencing is likely a common tactic among the lesser AMC's.

This is how I see it -

1) The first priority for them is to get your license on their system to prove they hire experienced appraisers, but whether or not they continue to use your service depends upon whether or not you accept their zero profit proposition and accept every order.

2) They want to data mine your reports (from a good appraiser) to understand appraising in your market so they can use that information for reviewing the work within their pool of skippies and their captive skippy employees, so they won't need you going forward.

3) Every time you decline an assignment or ask for more fee, you move lower on their list. (with some AMC's, I believe I'm so low on their list, they have to get my number from the wall of the their latrine).

4) If you routinely decline assignments and ask for more fee, eventually they will only call you when they can't find any one in their pool of "appraisers" to do a particular difficult assignment. In other words, they will only want to employ you for the tough assignments that don't fit into their business model; unfortunately, they likely won't compensate you for the time needed to solve those complex appraisals, although there may be an exception now and then.

Saw them at the AI conference in San Diego.

They were advertising $225 fees,

That was enough to let them keep their flyer.

... For the record, seven states have filed petitions to secede: ...
For the record, no states have filed petition to secede. On-line petitions have been signed by a small number of individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back