• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Digital Photo Resolution

What digital photo resolution do you recommend?

• 640 x 480

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 768 x 512

• 1024 x 768

• 1152 x 768

• 1280 x 960

• 1280 x 1024

• 1344 x 1008

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Lyke

My reason for not buying the really nice camera that I wanted for about $720 was that I feel that I do need a truly utilitarian camera, that should it suffer a bad incident, I'd drop it in the trash can and stop at the next camera store and replace it.

Add to that the fact that documentary photography in appraising has low resolution requirements. a la mode, for instance, makes you "down-grade" the photos in order for them to fit their "sense of bite", sensible I do believe. A single photo of 1KB is pretty hard to transmit, too.

Plus, like somebody has already said above, some of the Clients -- some biggies -- don't have the capacity to accept a file bigger than 2MB, Adobe or otherwise. I've got the very best of high speed computer equipment and DSL, and I've had two transmission problems to Clients since January 1. They've admitted their capacity is kind of old-fashioned and being stingy with the upgrade. Well, I'd like to say, 'Call the Dell Dude before he goes off and gets a real job'...

BACK TO LEON'S POINT in wanting a "real" wide-angle lens:

When I'm faced with a short backyard, I shoot the house from both ends, at what I'd call 45-60 degrees. Then I use the prettiest photos in the Subject Photo Page and put the other one on an Extra Page, all by itself perhaps or along with a couple of interior or exterior photos of interest that I may have taken.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Leon....both are good, I think I like the 210 a little bit better. Either one would serve you well. Both use a flash compact disk card. If you decide on a DC 210 look for a 210 plus. You can still get a DC 215 new on Ebay and it will have a warranty. The 215 is just a little smaller than the 210.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Best Buy sells a wide angle screw on lens for the Sony Mavica for about 60 bucks. Well worth the money.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks