• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Disclosing the appraisal fee in the report as per NJ AMC law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Andrew, in your example above, does the $412 represent the fee paid to the appraisER or is that the total fee for the appraisAL?

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
People ask me sometimes how many jobs I do a day, and when I tell them it sometimes happens that I inspect 3-4-5, they're like WOW, at 500-600 a pop, that's a lot of money, that's an awesome gig. To which I explain that first, it takes me awhile to write those 3-4-5 reports, and second, that 500-600 doesn't all go to me, not even close. And they're like, oh **** we didn't know that...
I used to get asked that fairly regularly when I was doing a lot more assignments with larger AMCs and used to get similar reactions (my bolds above)

I don't get that question too often anymore, but I work with either smaller AMCs, direct lenders or private/non lending individuals.

I do remember the last time I was asked at an inspection (around last Nov/Dec). It was an FHA property for a small AMC. The guy brought up fees. I said I won't disclose my exact fee, but my client is paying me my fee I set for an FHA property. He said, "Well, I'm paying $525. I hope you're getting a good portion of that!" I said, "well, I am getting about 80% of it" He said, "That's good to hear since you're doing all the work"

andrew81

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Andrew, in your example above, does the $412 represent the fee paid to the appraisER or is that the total fee for the appraisAL?
it represents the fee paid to the appraisER. it is an illinois requirement

illiinois code said:
An independent appraiser by employment or contract for a specific assignment, the appraiser shall prominently display the appraisal fee received from the appraisal management company in the certification as follows: "The compensation for this appraisal assignment is $_____."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks