• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Do Not Accept Google Meet Or Zoom Solicitations

Digger88

Elite Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
I got hacked last week then found out there are these scum targeting real estate pros nationwide but thought that was the last of them. It's not. This is well written and seems legit but as soon as you click it's on your PC and has admin privileges.

"Hello,

I hope you’re doing well.

I’m reaching out regarding a property in Virginia that is part of my late father’s estate. I’m currently handling matters connected to the property and am looking to engage an experienced appraisal professional to provide an independent valuation and help clarify the appropriate next steps.

I came across your appraisal practice while researching professionals serving Virginia, and I would be interested in discussing whether this assignment falls within your scope of work.

Before proceeding, I would appreciate a brief Zoom or Google Meet to discuss the property, the type of appraisal required, your current availability, expected turnaround time, and professional fees. I’m happy to work around your schedule and can make myself available today or tomorrow if convenient.

Please let me know what time works best for you and which meeting platform you prefer.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Penny"
 
wtf I can't be the only one getting these

Hello,



I hope this message finds you well.



I am reaching out regarding a residential property in Virginia belonging to my late wife’s estate. I am currently attending to matters concerning the property and am looking to engage an experienced and reputable appraiser to provide a professional valuation.



Your services came highly recommended, and I understand you are regarded as one of the established appraisal professionals in the area. I would therefore like to discuss engaging your services for this matter.



Given the nature of the property and the need to move things forward promptly, I would prefer to have a brief conversation before proceeding. I am available for a Zoom or Google Meet today or tomorrow, at a time convenient for you, to discuss the property, scope of the appraisal, your availability, expected timeline, and professional fees.



Please let me know what time works best for you and your preferred meeting platform.



I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.



Kind regards,
 
I reported to all of the appropriate authorities hope this gets nipped in the bud
 
No offense, but if you read enough about scams, it obvious that was a bait. Unfortunately, AI is now becoming a bigger better fake scam maker. Also, that letter doesn't sound like it was written by a civilian. Ding ding, the perfect hook. Was that a normal email address, or one with a bunch of nonsense letters. We all slip at least once, lucky it wasn't worse than a hacked computer.
 
None taken and they were from legit Gmail addresses like pennyparker365@gmail.com I do a lot of private appraisals and because of how well they were written sounding like it was from a typical solicitation it got me. Then when I read online it's a nationwide thing it made more sense
 
What was the hack? How does accepting a Google Meet Or Zoom solicitations infect your PC?
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top