• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Documentation HUD 92051 Compliance Inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC Appraising

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Does anyone have any links or can post from the horses mouth (handbook, letters, etc.) about the HUD 92051 form:

Besides MORTGAGEE LETTER 2009-51.

As it pertains to new construction homes. Can the appraiser now fill out the HUD 92051 form for new construction? has any thing changed? What about the 1004D?

Examples:

home was vacant lot when the appraiser received the request.
home under construction when the appraiser received the request.
home is 100% completed and FHA appraisal was ordered.

Got this from a lender:

#6 − FHA Requirements:

Use the FHA Compliance HUD-92051 form on new construction
(one year or less)

An “As-is” FHA appraisal can only be completed when the dwelling meets HUD’s Minimum Property Standards as follows:

New construction must comply with HUD’s minimum property standards (including 24 CFR 200.926D)

Existing construction must comply with HUD’s minimum property requirements (HUD Handbook 4000.1)

DWiley

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Does anyone have any links or can post from the horses mouth (handbook, letters, etc.) about the HUD 92051 form:

Besides MORTGAGEE LETTER 2009-51.

As it pertains to new construction homes. Can the appraiser now fill out the HUD 92051 form for new construction? has any thing changed? What about the 1004D?

Examples:

home was vacant lot when the appraiser received the request.
home under construction when the appraiser received the request.
home is 100% completed and FHA appraisal was ordered.

Got this from a lender:

#6 − FHA Requirements:

Use the FHA Compliance HUD-92051 form on new construction
(one year or less)

An “As-is” FHA appraisal can only be completed when the dwelling meets HUD’s Minimum Property Standards as follows:

New construction must comply with HUD’s minimum property standards (including 24 CFR 200.926D)

Existing construction must comply with HUD’s minimum property requirements (HUD Handbook 4000.1)
What you seek is right in the 4000.1. Just Google a PDF copy and search for 92051

upload_2018-2-8_12-33-11.png

upload_2018-2-8_12-33-41.png

NC Appraising

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
What you seek is right in the 4000.1. Just Google a PDF copy and search for 92051

View attachment 34300

View attachment 34301

Thanks. I already read that. I was hoping for some instructions or docs on saying that the appraiser can now do the final inspection for new construction on the 92051. I could be wrong, but the inspector had to do it before right? Seeking documentation of when that changed. It's been three years since I have been asked to do one and I remember going back and forth with the lender on this issue.

Or is that it?

Have a good one.

DWiley

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Thanks. I already read that. I was hoping for some writings on saying that the appraiser can now do the final inspection for new construction on the 92051. I could be wrong, but the inspector had to do it before right? Seeking documentation of when that changed. It's been three years since I have been asked to do one and I remember going back and forth with the lender on this issue.

Have a good one.
Well, what I posted is from the section describing the forms that the appraiser should use :)

NC Appraising

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Well, what I posted is from the section describing the forms that the appraiser should use :)

I like things clear as mud from the horses mouth. I guess I was not expecting something so clear from FHA. Appraising is a part time gig now, so I do not keep up with things like I used too.

Thanks, you da man. I owe you a cigar.

Charles Decker

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
NC, you posted its a part time gig now. You realize that one of the questions on your E&O questionnaire is if at least 80% (I think its 80) of your income is derived from real estate appraising? Not browbeating, just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks