• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Does Minimum Wage Increase Help Or Hurt The Appraisal Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an FYI on the federal minimum wage
The current minimum wage is $7.25 - which is absurdly low

In 1980, federal minimum wage was $3.80/hour
Pop that number into the BIS inflation calculator
https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

OUTCOME: Adjusted for inflation, that $3.80 is equal to $12.29/hour today.

$15/hr looks like an absurdly big jump, but the truth is, people in bottom-tier jobs
have been getting screwed for way too many years.

/

$15/hr looks like an absurdly big jump, but the truth is, people in bottom-tier jobs

/

So why don't you tip all the folks that you think are making a wage below what is reasonable? Wouldn't that take all the disagreement out of the discussion? If enough folks think the minimum wage is not sufficient and willingly tip those poor folks, wouldn't that solve the issue without gubmint intervention? Or as always does it require gubmint regulation to take other peoples money? Put your money where your "feelings" are.

So why don't you tip all the folks that you think are making a wage below what is reasonable?.....
I love Big Brother, The green nude eel, Karl...err, Grouch Marx, etc., etc.
I've been around here long enough, that you should know which side of the aisle I'm coming from.
What I'm pointing out is that, as usual, our law makers have been derelict in their duties.
Min wage is supposed to be (inflation) adjusted on a regular basis, to maintain a living wage.
That's an important concept....or not, if you don't give a care.

I love Big Brother, The green nude eel, Karl...err, Grouch Marx, etc., etc.
I've been around here long enough, that you should know which side of the aisle I'm coming from.
What I'm pointing out is that, as usual, our law makers have been derelict in their duties.
Min wage is supposed to be (inflation) adjusted on a regular basis, to maintain a living wage.
That's an important concept....or not, if you don't give a care.

Baloney!

/

The government creates inflation for a reason. Government borrows expensive dollars and paybacks cheap inflated dollars. The CPI has been retarded sufficiently that it is far away from reality. Social Security inflation adjusted means your buying power has eroded. It is a sucker's game just like minimum wage.

Dollar vs Gold.GIF

^^^^
I've been wondering why we haven't seen strong inflation due to the $$ created by QE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back