• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Does the Government have Appraisers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncle Sam has appraisers in the IRS, USDA, DOT, etc etc. I've known several who were reviewers for Farm Services and I even took a course they offered in Stillwater, OK. They had a staff of a half dozen or more appraisers.

Reactions: Zoe
Uncle Sam has appraisers in the IRS, USDA, DOT, etc etc. I've known several who were reviewers for Farm Services and I even took a course they offered in Stillwater, OK. They had a staff of a half dozen or more appraisers.
That's true but that's not what the podcast discusses...prime opportunities for appraisers exist if they are willing to expand horizons and learn how to solve more complex problems regardless of license level.

DOT uses fee appraisers for complex assignments (ie commercial total takes, dispositions, etc), sticky situations where court is guaranteed to be in the future, or assignments that the staff appraisers are too busy to take.

The catch is you have to get on the 'list' and typically have to be a general with a designation. I've seen designated CR's on the list, ready for those 'headed to court' residential takes.

DOT uses fee appraisers for complex assignments (ie commercial total takes, dispositions, etc), sticky situations where court is guaranteed to be in the future, or assignments that the staff appraisers are too busy to take.

The catch is you have to get on the 'list' and typically have to be a general with a designation. I've seen designated CR's on the list, ready for those 'headed to court' residential takes.
This man can tell you it ain't a bad gig. JTip makes a pretty good living working for govt with the beanies.

Our local tax assessor probably makes a ton of money and all the fringe benefits. If they are certified appraiser, it could not hurt.

Federal Government has Appraisers. Fed Pay & Benefits way out strip State/County Appraiser Pay & Benefits

Yes, you have to work a schedule. Yes your off on All federal Holidays Yes they don't work week Ends

Yes, It is almost impossible to be fired. Yes they have a Union

Google - real estate appraiser jobs federal government

Most of the jobs created every quarter in the jobs report are govt jobs, so maybe they are hiring.

Reactions: Zoe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back