• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Drone Technology Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fargo1

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Dakota
We have a new appraisers association in the area and they are bringing their first cont ed class. I want to support the association, but a class on drones? Really? As I understand it, we need to drive by all the comps anyway. So why send a drone out when I will have to drive by it anyway. Apart from maybe a driveby appraisal where the appraiser is not allowed on the property what value is a drone? Any one take such a class? Is it worth spending a day in class for drones?

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
In fly-over country I can see how a drone class might be worthwhile. Another plus is that its a local appraiser association bringing CE to ND. My experience with local AI courses is that meeting other local appraisers face-to-face has led to numerous assignment referrals plus data sharing and comarderie that otherwise would not have occurred. Any chance that BobbyBucks is the instructor? :)

Fargo1

Professional Status
State
North Dakota
The instructor is Lamar Ellis.

Honestly the only reason I am even considering the course is to support the local appraiser association and to keep in touch with other appraisers as you stated. Otherwise, I have no interest in drones. It would likely take me longer to fly a drone than just get in a car and drive to a place in person.

On the other hand I suppose you could argue that going to the class would answer the questions I just asked here about the class and the validity of using drones.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Don't take it if you are going to whine about it.....

Pros: AI CE credit. Meet your local peers. Take time off from report writing. You might learn something.
Cons: None

I'll be at the Lancaster offering in Oct with several co-workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks