• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Dual-core with Windows XP Pro $410 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Looks like there are still a few PCs out there selling with Windows XP Professional installed for those of us that refuse to switch to Vista or pay Dell an extra $100 to install it over Vista!

http://www.buy.com/prod/acer-verito...-2ghz-2gb-ddr2-sdram/q/loc/101/206215233.html

Acer Veriton M410 Desktop - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz - 2GB DDR2 SDRAM - 160GB - DVD-Writer (DVDR/RW) - Gigabit Ethernet - Windows XP Professional - VM410-UD4200P

List Price: See Details $449.00
You Save: $24.05
Our Price: $424.95
Shipping: FREE
Buy.com Total Price: $424.95
5% off coupon**$15 MAX**
Grand total $409.95

or

with an Intel dual-core for $425 shipped from NewEgg

Last edited:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
OSU,

That's what I'm looking for, my 4.5 yr old computer is giving me trouble, don't want to give the Geek Squad any more of my money. (I am done with Best-Buy) Can't find anything but Vista in the stores.

Are these guys legit, sounds like a too good to be true price.

TC

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Charles: MicroCenter is good for the East Coast as most of their stuff is In store pick-up only. Good catch on the $399 Dell if shipping is not too high.

TC: Yes it's Buy.com through Amazon.

I got a new Dell with Win XP Home direct for Dell in June and now it will cost $99 more to get it without Vista.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
They bought a bunch of them before Dell stopped selling XP Pro.

Dell will still sell Windows XP Pro, you just have to spend an extra $99 tp $194 on Vista Business or Vista Ultimate in order to get "downgrade" rights to XP Pro.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
OSU, Charles,

Thanks for the tip. I just might make the drive out to Ohio to look at the Dell computers in person. Hate to buy on-line without seeing the product first hand.

TC

SRQCUB

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Use your local computer builder, biz owner, you know like us AMC = Walmart Best Buy, Independent biz owner = US.

I've had 3 computers built, since Vista year, no problems, XP YUP we'll install it.

Broken well fix it.

Need Word? Adobe? ya we got it.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Microcenter is great. We have one out here in Troy, MI. Worth a look if you have one around.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I guess I am the odd one here, but I love Vista! It runs everything fine, and has more features than XP and is very stable. I am using the 64bit operating system also, which uses the 4Gb of ram my machine has. 32bit systems only recognize 3GB.

You know you have the option of running older programs in "compatibility" mode just like with Win XP don't you? You can run programs compatible from WinXP SP 2 All the way back to Win95.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks