• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Duplex vs Triplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
What does public records say?

ghrousseau

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
And last but not least...........................how many electric meters and how many gas meters? Also..................did you check permits..............usually a pretty good defense when there are no permits for the unit and no separate meter for the unit. If that's the case it sounds like a legal two unit with an illegal partition. The fact that you mention the functional issue as well with access through another unit. Sounds like to need to write it up and layith some smackdown.:icon_mrgreen:

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I like this response. I, too, find that just explaining, and not fighting, to the UW usually generates positive results. Now, I wish I had an order like this, all I have been getting is SFR's and mostly REO's at that.

I agree. That "3rd" unit sounds more like an office for the owner. I had a similar one once only it was a 4 plex with a storage room converted to a "5th" unit. The owner complained to the lender that I did not count the 5th unit and the lender cancelled the loan because they would not loan on a 5 unit building. Glad I collected COD.

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
The review found data in your report or from a secondary source to indicate three units. A detailed floor plan showing the traffic pattern could have saved you time and the reviewer‘s time also.

You should always review all on-line data for your subject and state the facts that are true and reasonable. If data exist on-line for three units and your report states two, this creates an automatic review. A reader of your report would appreciate the disclosure of conflicting secondary sources of data. It is now our responsibility to indentify errors or miss-leading on-line data for the potential review.

Lanny A Freng

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Minnesota
Thanks for all your responses, still havent heard back from the lender. Maybe they really didnt care that much. Wasnt gonna effect value that much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks