• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Farm appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annelle

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
Has anyone done one recently? I'll be using Clickforms 1922 forms etc, and would like a sample to help fill out the form, and make sure USPAP compliant and up to current quidelines/requirements. This particular property is not building intensive, but does have a home, some barns, is a smaller farm (under 100 acres), has several wells, and is only growing one crop. If it looks like I'll be doing more ag, I'll consider purchasing the UAAR software at a later date.

Any help would be appreciated. I am getting some help on this assignment, but they haven't done one in about 5 years, and that particular one was a narrative for a private lender.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
You sure you want to put that on a form? Seems like the addendas you will need would result in a narrative anyway.

Annelle

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Thank you, PE, I think you may be right. The only reason I am leaning towards the forms is because the client prefers forms. I do have the option however, and I am seriously considering doing a narrative instead.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
I would like to be educated on forms for this type of work. That said, everything I have ever done for what you are describing has always been narrative. There are just too many things to discuss in an assignment like soil types, productivity of the land and narrative discussions of the comparable properties. But much of that may be regional as some have said that form reports are acceptable in other parts of the country for certain properties.

nauthead

Professional Status
State
Florida
I have completed these on narrative form only and have not seen one on a form. It seems like an awful lot of work to put one on a form.

farmguy

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Texas
Is the 1922 a form that FmHA used to use? I worked for USDA for a few years. What was called a 1922 was a USDA form originating many years ago. It was and is a poor excuse for an appraisal form.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
I knew Farmguy would have a good answer. Thanks.

stefan olafson

Professional Status
State
North Dakota
There really isn't a way to appraise what you described properly using a form! Too many variables and too much information is needed in a properly completed ag appraisal. Do a narrative report and charge accordingly.

The Dog

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Good morning

I would personally shy away from any form. I just accepted another farm/ranch appraisal and there is no way that I could do a compliant report without it being a narrative. Any form you use would have to have so many addenda that you might as well make it a narrative. There are too many variable in farm/ranch appraising to fit on a form. I would reconsider the form option.

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
I have used the USDA form 1922. The form is acceptable in some cases. I don't hate it but I do prefer the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks