• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Faxed/Poor copies of Appraisals to Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vast majority of the older reports faxed have been reduced in size from legal to letter. They typically are not first generation faxes. I am typically unable to improve the quality of these faxes to the point they are legible.

Once again, if I cannot read the report I will not review it until I am provided a legible copy. In the past I have had to have the original report copied and overnighted to me in order to obtain a legible copy.

My vision is worth more than the typical fee paid for a review.
 
I wanted to get an idea of how many people who do reviews on a regular basis get poor or faxed copies of "so called" fraudulent reports. Are they black and white? Do they appear to have been modified? Do they always have "boilerplate" language with no specific comments?

The photo pages are USELESS. What is the point of dark, grayscale, rectangles??

I couldn't tell if they'd been modified to tell you the truth, unless I saw something blatant like missing pages or two different fonts. Pam might need to give me some training??

The boilerplate language is what gets me the most. I have to wonder what underwriters must think of appraisers looking at this stuff all day, everyday. It's like there's a skippy school and they all got the same verbiage. ...'adequate supply of mortgage monies at reasonable interest rates. Supply and demand are in balance....' For cripes sake! Is that all you could think of to say? The market all around the country is in turmoil, and you can't possibly say just a few words about your REAL market conditions? Maybe some specifics from your MLS statistics?? Just a hint of information about 'Smallsville' and why people want to move/live there.

If I ever did become an underwriter, it's that boilerplate stuff that would be one of my first red flags.
 
I like to print out my review report and run it through the copier about ten times and then send it to the lender. When they call and ask for a good copy of the review I tell them they did not send me a good copy of the appraisal under review. HA! HA!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top