• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Case # Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jqjorgensen

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I did an appraisal 6 months ago- it was prosposed contruction. Lender called today with case number and states that I forgot to include it in the report. Nothing in the order states anything about it being FHA. Another appraiser did the final and now they are waiting to fund. Do I add case #? Is this another assignment? Is there anyway for me to find out when the case# was applied for. If I left it out then I think I should include it but if was applied for after I completed the appraisal I think its a new assignment- Anybody have any help?

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
1-Ask the client for the Appraiser Case Number Assignment sheet, the date will be right on there.

2-Did the written order form mention FHA in any fashion?

3-Conventional Appraisals and FHA/HUD appraisals have different SOW regulations, especially with new construction, so yes, it is a completely different assignment.

4-Appraisers do not conduct finals for FHA new construction.

Tell them they can use your original report for Conventional financing or they can order an FHA appraisal which would be a new assignment. Do NOT change anything on the original report !!!!! If you were to add the case number now, your report would not meet FHA new construction guidelines.

jqjorgensen

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
They had the wrong file-same last name. You think they might look- I spent 30 minutes finding my old file and going through it.
Thanks for the info-next time I will know to ask for the FHA Case number assignment sheet

WadeKoutnik

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
If the order does not say FHA then I am pretty sure you need to go re-inspect and charge a fee. Sounds like the borrower didn't qualify for conventional and now they need to go FHA.

The FHA connection sheet could answer all the questions though.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Well, look at it from their point of view. It's better if you waste a bunch of your time sorting out something that doesn't exist rather than them wasting their time doing it.

Rufus

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
Well, look at it from their point of view. It's better if you waste a bunch of your time sorting out something that doesn't exist rather than them wasting their time doing it.
That would be funny if it wasn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks