• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Case Number Assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisle

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
I have an FHA short sale (HUD Pre-Foreclose Sale) order for which no case number has been assigned. Per the following statement from FHA, I believe the assignment must have a case number assigned. I have received case numbers in the past for this type of assignment. Has anyone had any experience otherwise? Thanks.

FHA:
Do I need a case number before I assign an appraiser?
The appraisal effective date cannot be before the assignment date unless the Mortgagee certifies, via the certification field in the FHA Connection (FHAC) Appraisal Logging Screen, that the appraisal was ordered for conventional, HUD REO, or government-guaranteed loan purposes but was performed by an FHA Roster appraiser and is being converted to FHA.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
I hope I understand your question correctly, if the assignment is for a short sale of an existing FHA loan, the case number was assigned when the mortgage was originated. The client should have it, if not it should be available online with public records. For my HUD pre-foreclosure assignments they usually provide the case number, if not I look it up online.

Lisle

Professional Status
State
New York
Thanks very much Bobby, I've never had to look it up before, it's always been provided.

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Question; Lender orders appraisal but initially and in err provided case number for another property. UCDP stopped the report dead in its tracks.
Lender has provided a new case number that was generated after the inspection. The incorrect case number was used for the first report.

Lender wants to know if Appraiser is able to update the Appraisal report with the correct case number and change the inspected date to current date that the the Appraisal date is after the case number assignment.

New Case Number; New report; New inspection - Correct?

Answer I found - Is as confusing to me as the Question;

Q: Can the case number be changed on a completed appraisal report?

A: No. (Although correction to a typographical error made by the appraiser IS acceptable). A new case number would result in a new assignment. (Although HUD has indicated that it does not allow new assignments for the same case number, it appears that this type of "new assignment" is acceptable to HUD since it is under a new case number).
New Case Number; New report; New inspection - Correct?

Last edited:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Why not? The report date is the date you actually did the report, not the inspection date. But you will have to disclose that you have provided a prior service. And an "update" is a term not necessarily useful to appraisers. It is a new report basically...but you are correcting the situation by providing a new report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks