• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA + Garages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackimoya

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
For this FHA report I'm not quite sure if I should call out any repairs regarding the garages. Attached is a photo of the two 2-car garages. They are permitted (per city permit records), however, a car would have to go up 6-inches to enter the garages and they don't have doors.

Attachments

• c0513a68-0529-4c68-8ee0-926bf69a3e89.jpg
    c0513a68-0529-4c68-8ee0-926bf69a3e89.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 59

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
What do you mean a car would have to go up 6-inches to enter the garages ?

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
SORRY I see what you mean ... Wow that's weird because I can't think of any building department in California that would have approved this ** I have been doing FHA for 30 years and I have never encountered anything like this accept when some red-neck got drunk and built his own structure. I am going to have my contractor buddy look at this photo and see what he thinks.

Last edited:

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
I could drive my F-150 over that 6-inch hump but would scrape my roof off.

jackimoya

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
SORRY I see what you mean ... Wow that's weird because I can't think of any building department in California that would have approved this ** I have been doing FHA for 30 years and I have never encountered anything like this accept when some red-neck got drunk and built his own structure. I am going to have my contractor buddy look at this photo and see what he thinks BUT I have a feeling this may have been done due to drainage issues and the contractor figured it out after the fact ?
Yes, I'm surprised the city permitted it as well (Garden Grove).

GA Benny

Professional Status
State
Georgia
Also, if you notice behind the bicycle wheel, there is a crack between the garage slab and the home foundation. These slabs were poured separately which means that it may have been made that way intentionally for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks