• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Insurance Estimate Requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

db10ac

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Tennessee
Was told that I am required to include estimated insurance costs and real estate taxes per month for the subject property. Does any know if this is accurate?, and if so how is it presented in the report?

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Insurance costs: My state (PA) requires a license (producers) to sell and quote P&C premiums. I do not carry a license and cannot provide any insurance estimates. Call 1800Progressive, give them my referral number 3323232, for a quote. They will send me a tshirt for the referral.

Taxes: See page 1 of the URAR for current property tax. Please apply this formula to calculate the monthly premium: Annual tax / 12 = monthly tax cost. My HP12c batteries died after 18 years of tapping buttons, the client can figure it out.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I think I vaguely remeber that requirement 30 years ago?

Rlong

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
Thats just silly, FHA has no such requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks