• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Reinspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Witt

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
I did an FHA appraisal with a few conditions three weeks ago. They were to have the fuse electric panel box inspected by a licensed electrician and have a inspection with sticker from the approved inspection agency. Panel box had magic marker writing on it that siad "No connection to second lug" and one arrow drawn toward a fuse that said "not working". Another item was to replace an outlet over the kitchen sink that was hanging out of the socket with a FHI outlet. Plus install smoke dectectors on all levels.
All ready for reinspection. All of a sudden a new circuit breaker panel box is installed and inspected by Middle Service, our inspection agency.
But there is no smoke detector on the basement level and there is a puddle of water coming from the furnace. Obviously the AC had been turned on for a few days and the drain was stopped up and overflowing. additonally when anything like a panel box is changed, I inspect additonal outlets. Sure enough.....one outlet in the powder room was not functional.
So now we have three conditions to satisfy: smoke detector, outlet and now a cooling system repair plus a written certification on furnace that it is in safe operational functional condition.
Some agents never learn!:new_2gunsfiring_v1:

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I hate it when I go back out to do a CIR and find other things wrong. I have to call the lender and ask them how they want me to proceed.

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
I call them and email but I never ask them how they want me to proceed. I say how to proceed. Never have gotten an argument! Yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks